Hanoi (VNA) – Most Venerable Thich Pho Tue, Supreme Patriarch of the Patronage Council of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha (VBS), passed away on October 21 morning at the age of 105.
The Most Venerable, who led an 85-year religious life, is also member of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee and head of the Vien Minh (Rang) Pagoda in Quang Lang commune of Hanoi's Phu Xuyen district.
He used to be the Vice President of the VBS's Executive Council and head of the executive board of the VBS chapter in former Ha Tay province (now part of Hanoi).
The monk was honoured with the Ho Chi Minh Order, the second-class Independence Order, the Great National Unity Order, the certificate of merit by the Prime Minister, and many other noble rewards in recognition of his dedications to the Buddhism and the secular life.
The respect-paying ceremony will be held at Vien Minh Pagoda from 7am on October 22 through October 23, while the memorial service at 9am on October 24./.
- Vietnam, Japan supreme courts boost cooperation
- Supreme Court Judge Who Defended Freedom of Expression in Games Has Passed
- We have 5,000 Rising Storm 2: Vietnam beta keys to give away (Update: all gone!)
- U.S. Supreme Court to Decide Whether Ban of Violent Games to Minors Violates First Amendment
- Century-Old Telecom Tax Fades Away
- Charger SRT8 vs. Chevy SS: One V8 monster reigns supreme … but which gets the crown?
- World’s Highest Gamerscore Record Passed By New Challenger
- The game is the boss: A postmortem
- Gamasutra's Best Of 2011: Top 5 Major Industry Events
- Conspiracy Theories in the Information Age, Part 1
- 6 questions the Star Wars: The Last Jedi novel answers about the movie (including how Leia might die)
- Winter is coming. Prepare to carve it up with the best snowboards
Supreme Patriarch of Vietnam Buddhist Sangha passes away have 307 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.