HÀ NỘI — Vietnamese striker Nguyễn Tiến Linh has been nominated for the Asian Football Federation (AFC) International Player of the Week.
Although the Việt Nam national team lost the last two matches against China and Oman in Group B of the final qualifying round of the World Cup 2022, Linh scored two out of the three Việt Nam goals.
Linh’s contribution has earned him selection for the best player nominations in the two last matches.
According to the AFC, Linh played 171 minutes, and had a successful pass rate of 79 per cent.
"Still only 23 years of age, the Becamex Bình Dương striker showed expert positioning and poise beyond his years to find the back of the next in Doha and Muscat, taking his individual tally to an excellent seven goals on the Road to Qatar 2022," the – afc.com wrote.
In addition to Linh, the AFC also nominated other nine top stars such as Son Hueng-min of South Korea, Sardar Azmoun of Iran, Salaah Al Yahyeai of Oman, Ajdin Hrustic of Australia and Ao Tanaka of Japan.
The AFC's poll will end today.
Linh also defeated Zhang Yuning of China to win the AFC's recent vote for NEOM's Future Stars of matchday three of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Asian qualifiers.
Linh has scored seven goals since the second qualifying round of the 2022 World Cup. With these seven goals, Linh equals the record of seven goals scored by former striker Lê Công Vinh in the World Cup qualifiers. He still has opportunities to break the record held by Vinh in the six remaining matches of the third qualifying round. VNS
- Joey King stuns in strapless red dress at 71st Primetime Emmy Awards as she celebrates first nomination for The Act
- House of Cards Helps Netflix Earn 14 Emmy Nominations
- Dance Dance Asia to kick off in Hanoi this week
- From Guehi to Perry: young players to watch in the Carabao Cup this week
- China held to 0-0 draw by Philippines in FIFA World Cup qualifier
- Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action
- Top Current Affairs & GK for August 2019: Here's the round-up
- Amitabh Bachchan fails to greet fans outside Jalsa due to 'pain'
- IN A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN
- Emmy Awards 2019: Jodie Comer is a far cry from Villanelle in angelic white, Sophie Turner ditches Sansa's furs for delicate satin and Catherine Zeta-Jones pops in pink as starlets lead the British talent as they descend upon Hollywood
- Emmy Awards winners: Game Of Thrones emerges victorious with top drama honor despite fan backlash over lackluster final season... as cast celebrate reuniting by snapping fun selfies
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 25
Striker Linh nominated for outstanding performers of week of AFC have 460 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.