Singapore (VNA) – Singaporean Multi-Ministry Taskforce has required workers to be fully vaccinated to return to the workplace, while the vaccine produced by China’s Sinovac has been added to Singapore’s COVID-19 national vaccination programme.
Accordingly, from January 1 in 2022, only employees who are fully vaccinated, or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 270 days, can return to the workplace.
Unvaccinated employees will not be allowed to return to the workplace unless they have tested negative for COVID-19 before returning to the workplace, and they will need to pay for the costs of these tests.
These moves were announced by the taskforce on October 23. During the briefing, it also announced that the inclusion of the Sinovac-CoronaVac COVID-19 vaccine follows the Health Sciences Authority’s (HSA) interim authorisation of the vaccine under the Pandemic Special Access Route.
The inclusion aims to allow the small minority of unvaccinated individuals, especially those who cannot take the mRNA vaccines due to medical conditions, to become fully vaccinated safely.
So far, the vaccination rate in Singapore has exceeded 90 percent of the eligible population./.
- Singapore Airlines takes off from Seattle [PHOTOS]
- Singapore luxury apartment sales hit 11-year high, driven by Chinese demand
- 'The Clock is Ticking': A Year on From the Singapore Summit Kim Jong Un Is Losing Patience With Donald Trump's Strategy
- Deal: $997 SFO-Hong Kong on Singapore Air premium economy
- North Korea Blames U.S. 'Imperialistic Behavior' and 'Double-dealing' for Recent Missile Launches As Nuclear Talks Falter
- Preparing for launch of international operations, says Vistara CEO Leslie Thng
- Wild parties, an alleged rape, and a high school’s troubling response
- Kitchen supported by Meghan's cookbook is housed inside mosque 'which has links to 19 terror suspects including Jihadi John'
- Here’s everything you need to know about MLB The Show 19
- Proposition E would set aside $19 million for SF street trees
- Flood situation grim in Maha, Kerala; 15 dead
- Huawei Mate 30 launches September 19, but question marks over Android remain
Singapore launches measures in response to COVID-19 situation have 317 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.