HÀ NỘI — Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Đặng Hoàng Giang has appreciated the important contributions of the Vietnamese representative missions abroad to promoting the image of the nation to the world as well as providing information on the regional and international situations for the domestic audience.
Giang made the statement while chairing an online conference on external information work held on October 13-14 with the participation of 70 Ambassadors, Consuls General, and representatives of Vietnamese representative missions abroad and several units of the Foreign Ministry.
He stressed that the new requirements of the country and the change of the situation, as well as the rapid development of technology, especially digital technology, had been setting new tasks that would require new and breakthrough solutions to improve the efficiency of external information work. This would require great responsibility, activeness and creativity of the heads of representative missions overseas as well as the capacity and skills of the missions’ staff.
At the conference, Ambassadors, Consuls General and representatives of Vietnamese representative missions abroad said the work of external information was always one of the top priorities of their offices.
They said that in the future, besides the traditional but still effective implementation measures, the missions would make use of the development of digital technology in conducting external information work such as new media forms, social networks, and digitisation of publications.
Deputy Foreign Minister Giang asked the overseas Vietnamese representative agencies to optimise their role, bring into full play on-site resources, and coordinate with external information agencies at home to improve the quality of external information work.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will closely coordinate with domestic ministries, sectors and localities to orient and provide the best support for the representative missions abroad to make a breakthrough in external information work, practically serving the implementation of the country’s strategic goals, and contributing to enhancing Việt Nam’s prestige and position in the world. — VNS
- OYO strengthens focus on information security; develops a comprehensive bug bounty program
- Hot Pockets, mismatched chairs and a critical mission: Inside year one of the Mueller investigation
- Xi Focus: Xi stresses improving mechanism for major epidemic prevention, control
- Santa Monica City Council Green Lights Safety Improvements For Wilshire Boulevard
- Volkswagen’s dirty mission: Where’s the beginning and where’s the end?
- EU 'ready to improve' Brexit proposal
- India requires one city of Chicago size to be built every year for next ten years: Aghi
- FAA Agrees To Improve Oversight Of Southwest Airlines, Government Watchdog Report Says
- Evers signs off on National Guard improvement plan
- People's health knowledge requires a boost
- India has issued a demarche on USA following detention of several Indian students studying in America
- Rocket Report: Astra nearing first launch, Starship may soon roll to pad
Representative missions aboard required to improve external information have 477 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.