At the meeting, President Phuc affirmed that the opening of the trail proved the Party’s strategic vision, creativity, wisdom, and ingenuity, contributing significantly to improving the nation’s combat capacity and creating a new development step for the Southern revolution at the time. The sea is not only a living space but also a sacred territory of the nation, he noted.
He also emphasized the importance of continuing to fully protect Vietnam’s maritime sovereignty in all situations, maintaining a peaceful and stable environment at sea for national development, and resolving disagreements and disputes through peaceful means in accordance with the Party’s and State’s policy and stance, as well as Vietnamese and international law, particularly the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982.
President Phuc hoped that each veteran would continue promoting the tradition and being an example of revolutionary heroism, courage, strong will, and relentless efforts to build the country toward prosperity.
The Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea was established to help with the transportation of weapons from the North to the Southern theater.
During the resistance war against the U.S. imperialists, the route was considered a "true legend" and a miracle of the Vietnamese nation, contributing to the final victory in the spring of 1975.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Vietnamese celebrity businesswoman appointed Honorary Consul of Romania in Ho Chi Minh City
- Foreign diplomatic missions in Ho Chi Minh City commit to combat plastic pollution
- Vietnam to appeal for national martial art to be competed at 2019 SEA Games
- Liberia: President Weah Admonishes Cuttington Graduates to Be Innovative, Think Big
- South Sudan: Peace Rests On Kiir, Machar Meeting
- Uganda: How Would You Like Your Death Served? a Guide On How to Die On Uganda's Roads
- President Trump to Mark Memorial Day With Arlington Cemetery Visit
- Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte sparks outrage by kissing woman on stage in South Korea
- Swiss airline to offer nonstop Vietnam service in late-2018: CEO
- A U.S. Officer Returns to Vietnam to Track an Enemy Spy
- Vietnamese ninth grader becomes Canadian Consul General for a day
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – June 5
President meets with soldiers serving Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea have 348 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.