HÀ NỘI — Over 136,300 tonnes of free rice was distributed from the national reserve to people affected by the pandemic between August 16 to October 8, The General Department of State Reserves has announced.
HCM City received over 71,000 tonnes of free rice to help thousands of people facing difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Another 4,000 tonnes were distributed in southern provinces and cities.
Meanwhile, 4,118 tonnes of rice were given to Bình Phước, Bạc Liêu and Sóc Trăng provinces, and 1,847 tonnes of rice were given to Quảng Nam and Quảng Ngãi provinces
Between September 20 to September 22, the State Reserve Department in the North Central Highlands region allocated 209 tonnes of rice to support 13,925 people across 10 districts of Gia Lai Province.
The State Reserve Departments have been cooperating closely with local authorities to deliver the rice to people in need as soon as possible.
According to the General Department of State Reserves, the timely provision of food from the national reserve has been one of the most important responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In August, Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính agreed to a proposal to use rice from the national reserve to support people in pandemic-hit localities.— VNS
- NFGCS acquires high capacity rice processing equipment
- Border closure: Nigerians shouldn’t panic over scarcity of rice ― RIFAN
- Fourth Vietnam Rice Festival underway in Vinh Long
- Fourth Vietnam Rice Festival underway in Vĩnh Long
- Wheat, rice production: NGO trains farmers on irrigation
- Thailand: Campaign launched to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from rice farming
- With depleting gas reserves, Sindh looks to tap Thar coal for urea production
- Is Swine Flu Pandemic Imminent?
- Ration rice smuggler nabbed
- Kharif crop production this year to be higher than last year's 141.71 mn tonnes: Parshottam Rupala
- Ecstasy on the barbie: Australia seizes more than half a tonne of drugs smuggled in barbecues
- The real victims of the strawberry sabotage: Heartbreaking photo shows farmer dumping tonnes of unwanted produce - as police confirm needles have been found in berries across Australia
Over 136,000 tonnes of rice from national reserve distributed during pandemic have 348 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.