Hanoi (VNA) – Several Vietnamese universities have been named in Times Higher Education (THE)'s two new subject rankings – Business and Economics, and Social Sciences – for 2022.
In the field of Business and Economics, Ho Chi Minh City-based Ton Duc Thang University was placed in the Top 201 – 250 group, the highest ranking of Vietnam, while Vietnam National University – HCM City (VNU-HCM) ranked among the 601+ group.
For the first time, Vietnamese educational establishments have secured place in the Social Sciences ranking. The universities included in the ranking were Ton Duc Thang University, which is in the 251 – 300 group, Vietnam National University Hanoi in the 501 – 600, and VNU-HCM in the 601+ group.
THE World University Rankings by Subject is based on five performance indicators, namely citation, industry income, international outlook, research and teaching.
THE's Business and Economics ranking assesses universities by their performance in the disciplines of business and management, accounting and finance, and economics and econometrics.
The Social Sciences table, meanwhile, highlights the universities that are leading across communication and media studies, politics and international studies (including development studies), sociology and geography.
To date, THE has announced the rankings for 10 out of its 11 subjects, seven of which featured Vietnamese universities./.
- 3 Turkish universities shortlisted for Times Higher Education awards
- Land-based and leisure higher education open day at Derby College
- Africa looks to unique culture of Irish higher education
- Record number of students in higher education in Scotland
- Switzerland comes third globally for higher education
- Armenian Ambassador meets with Egypt’s Minister of Higher Education
- 2 Hungarian universities make University Impact Ranking
- 2 Hungarian universities make University Impact Rankings
- Irish universities among 'best in the world' when it comes to gender equality and climate action
- UK universities in 'gagging order' row
- Universities 'must tackle race degree gap'
- Fees not university deterrent
More Vietnamese universities featured in Times Higher Education’s subject rankings have 311 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.