Speaking with reporters at the event's opening ceremony held in Yokohama city, Kanagawa’s Governor Kuroiwa Yuji said the Vietnam Festival in Kanagawa was held annually during 2015-2019. However, it was postponed in the past two years due to COVID-19, and so was the Kanagawa Festival in Vietnam.
Instead, the Kanagawa-Vietnam exchange exhibition was organized this year to further bolster the sound relations between the two sides, he added.
Kuroiwa said the number of Vietnamese living and working in Kanagawa, the second-most populous prefecture of Japan, has seen a 2.5-fold increase since 2015. More businesses of the prefecture are keen on investing in Vietnam, the Governor stated.
For his part, Vietnamese Ambassador to Japan Vu Hong Nam highly valued the holding of the event, which helped promote Vietnamese products and landscapes to Japanese friends.
He appreciated efforts made by Vietnamese localities, under the guidelines of the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Government, to study hardships facing Japanese firms operating in Vietnam caused by COVID-19, and devise prompt solutions to address such difficulties so as to ensure safety for workers and curb the spread of the pandemic.
- Radiation Alarms Sound at Japanese Nuclear Fuel Recycling Lab
- As Japanese Emperor Prepares to Hand Over, What Next for the 'Lost Generation'?
- Police staff plan to foster seized dogs
- Ship crew recall catastrophic explosion at second inquest into seaman’s death
- Hunt for burglary gang who have already hit 50 homes
- Members of the public urged to play their part in preventing burglaries
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some around the world who died in 2018
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Leidos: Trump meets Kim, again — Farewell to Humphrys? — May way or the highway
- Japan buys an ISLAND for the US to run noisy jet landing drills – but faces local opposition
- PM meets with representatives from Chinese firms
- The Kuriles Question: Not So Fast On Russia-Japan World War II Peace Treaty
- Why Japan’s prime minister pines for four desolate islands
Japanese prefecture fosters sound relations with Vietnam have 321 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.