Rome (VNA) – The Vietnamese Embassy in Italy and the Festival della Diplomazia ( Diplomacy Festival ) jointly held a conference on renewable energy and sustainable development in ASEAN in Rome on October 20, which drew a large number of Italian and European firms.
Addressing the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to Italy Nguyen Thi Bich Hue said that renewable energy is a priority of many countries, aiming to serve sustainable development goals and the reduction of global climate change impacts.
She noted that Italy has proved its important role in the field through positive initiatives while performing the role of the President of G20 and co-host of the COP26.
Renewable energy has received great attention and investment from ASEAN countries, she said, noting that in Vietnam, the Government has defined climate changes as a top issue. Vietnam aims to raise the ratio of renewable energy in the country's energy structure to 30 percent in 2030 and 40 percent in 2045, she stated.
She held that this is a good chance for businesses in Italy and ASEAN to strengthen partnership in this field.
Vice President of the Italy-ASEAN Association Romeo Orlandi stressed that investment in renewable energy is a practical orientation that is suitable to the goal of sustainable development.
For his part, Nguyen Duc Thanh, Vietnamese Trade Councilor in Italy briefed participants on Vietnam's achievements and major policy orientations in energy.
He underlined that the Italian business community has the potential and strength to realise cooperation and investment opportunities in Vietnam in the field.
Representatives from Italian and European firms expressed interest in the areas of renewable energy and sustainable development in Vietnam and other ASEAN countries and voiced their hope to expand cooperation and investment in the relevant fields in the time to come./.
- India’s renewable energy generation registers lowest growth in 4 years
- Tech giants spark record rise in sales of renewable energy
- Spanish renewables company Elawan explores sale: sources
- Sustainable energy security magnetising private funds
- US-Vietnam Energy Security Dialogue inaugurated
- South Korean power solution providers eye Vietnam
- Nexif Energy buys two hydropower projects in Vietnam
- Fitch assigns ReNew Power's proposed US dollar senior secured notes 'BB-' rating
- Vietnam consistent with “four no’s” defence policy: minister
- Economic think tanks praise Vietnam’s responsive tactics
- Ambassador: Vietnam - Italy ties at the best
- Ambassador seeks cooperation chances for Vietnamese, Italian localities
Italian firms interested in renewable energy in Vietnam, ASEAN have 401 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.