However, the more infectious Delta variant has caused the fourth outbreak wave in the nation.
Anjaiah, therefore, recommended that first, like Indonesia, the country should be properly aware of the pandemic and strive to increase its predictability. While it is impossible to wipe out the SARS-CoV-2 virus, countries globally must find a way to live together safely with it.
He suggested that Vietnam should learn lessons from Indonesia in handling the disease, which is to push the vaccination rate as soon as possible, up to 65-70 percent of the national population at best in order to achieve herd immunity.
With a population of over 90 million people, Vietnam needs to vaccinate at least 65-70 million residents. After achieving the goal of giving the first and second shots, the country should then consider planning booster shots to achieve greater vaccine efficacy. Therefore, diversifying vaccine types and ensuring supply should be done as swiftly as possible, he said.
He added that though the pandemic has eased in severity, citizens still need to seriously follow social distancing measures, wear masks, wash hands regularly, and avoid mass gatherings.
The expert expressed his belief that Vietnam could overcome the pandemic quickly thanks to drastic actions by the Government and high public awareness./.
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Pacific Ocean
- Syphilis Among Pregnant Women Is On The Rise, Alarming Public Health Experts
- Kentucky’s SEC games set. Here is the full 2018-19 men’s basketball schedule.
- Firms sell school 'hardening' as mass shooting solution
- The Latest: Vietnam PM speaks at UN after president's death
- Firms sell mass-shooting solutions, but can gadgets and hardware save lives?
- Election Hacking: Security Upgrades Are Too Little, Too Late for 2018 Midterms and Race is Already On For 2020, Experts Say
- Expert: Nobody’s winning on tariffs
- Tesla staying public won't resolve SEC regulatory troubles, experts say
- Central Kentucky’s business solutions experts cater to everyone, big or small
- Miller '19: Watson’s ‘global studies’ proposal bites off more than it can chew
- Expert solicits improved commitment towards HIV response_ eradication
Indonesian expert suggests solutions to COVID-19 in Vietnam have 410 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.