All facilities must close before 9 p.m. and only serve 50 percent of their normal customer capacity, according to a decision issued Wednesday by deputy chairwoman Phan Thi Thang.
Alcoholic beverages cannot be served, except at wedding halls and tourist facilities.
District 7 and Thu Duc City can serve alcohol in regular restaurants under a pilot scheme until Nov. 15. Authorities of the two districts will decide the areas for implementing the scheme.
HCMC on Oct. 24 announced the Covid-19 risks level in 22 districts. Under a four-level ranking scheme, with Level 1 being the safest, there are nine districts under Level 1, 12 under Level 2, and one under Level 3.
Thousands of food and beverage facilities in the city have been hit hard by the prolonged closures and restriction periods. The revenue of food and beverage establishments in first eight months fell 20 percent year-on-year to VND32.07 trillion ($1.41 billion) because of social distancing.
HCMC has recorded over 428,000 Covid-19 cases since the end of April, when the nation was hit by the fourth wave.
Over 78 percent of the city's population have been fully vaccinated.
- N. Korea to Allow UN Monitors to Visit Atomic Sites
- Cheaper Sushi, No More Burger Studio and Other Dining Changes
- Dining in Nashville: 5 summer sandwiches to try
- Recovery of bodies from horror Dublin-bound helicopter crash set to resume today
- Some flights resume despite ash cloud, but is it safe?
- Missouri State Penitentiary tours to resume in October
- Rocket fire and airstrikes resume unabated after Gaza truce ends
- Doctors Without Borders allowed to reopen some Myanmar clinics
- Want to spend a night under the stars in style? Here are the UK’s top 10 glamping sites
- South Sudan peace talks resume as UN investigates mass killings
- Ukraine peace talks end in Minsk but no word if negotiations will resume
- Gilroy reopens park that was site of Garlic Festival shooting
HCMC allows to resume on-site dining have 293 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.