The hospital rolls out containment measures at the highest level and halted regular medical checkups and treatment.
Hanoi’s authority has lifted the 14-day lockdown on Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital, starting from October 18.
Nguyen Quoc Hoan, Vice Chairman of Hoan Kiem District People’s Committee said the quarantine on Phu Doan, Hang Bong and other streets around the hospital was removed.
The hospital is asked to continue observing preventive measures against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Earlier, the Vietnam-Germany Friendship Hospital detected a Covid-19 patient in its premises on September 30 and the figure rose to 34, with no deaths.
Upon the detection of the first case, the hospital rolled out containment measures at the highest level and halted regular medical checkups and treatment.
At present, nearly 2,085 people are staying at the hospital, including about 335 patients and 1,045 hospital staff.
The Hoan Kiem District functional force removes the barriers at checkpoints in the district. Photos: The Hanoi Times
A moment of joy after the lockdown on the hospital was lifted.
People are happy as the checkpoints are removed.
Checkpoints at the 22 entrances of Hanoi are also no longer tasked with screening and searching vehicles and passengers.
Dinh Tien Dung, Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee, endorsed a directive requiring authorities at all level to facilitate the movement of people and goods.
Previously, the checkpoints were erected on July 14 at gateways to the capital to control the spread of the coronavirus.
Those completing quarantine at local facilities are allowed to travel back to their home or work places for the resumption of businesses and services.
Hanoi continued loosening Covid-19 restrictions by restoring the operations of public offices, businesses, eateries, public transport, and others, after over two months of closure under a strict coronavirus prevention mandate.
The new rules follow the previous restriction loosening applied since October 1, when the national government decided to shift Vietnam to “new normal conditions”, as its new strategy of adapting safely with the coronavirus.
The capital city reported 4,106 Covid-19 cases, from April 29 to October 17, according to the municipal health department.
- Amanda Nunes hospitalized; UFC 213 main event vs. Valentina Shevchenko scrapped
- The Suzuki Cup experience, live from Hanoi
- Cities, provinces urged to end cooperation with US ‘ghost school’
- Lockdown bullpen, three homers power D-backs past Nationals
- Alfie, Isaiah, Charlie: The Ill Children Mandated to Die by Hospitals Against Their Parents’ Wishes
- Alonso gives a 'thumbs up' from hospital bed
- The Latest: Prescott's perfect run ends, throws 1st pick
- Exertion-related illness puts 2 Nebraska players in hospital
- Iowa football’s wave tradition for nearby children’s hospital lives on
- David Silva 'eternally thankful' as son Mateo ends five-month stay in hospital
- Rams DE Robert Quinn hospitalized with non-football illness
- Rams’ Robert Quinn Reveals What Sent Him to Hospital
Hanoi hospital lockdown ends have 449 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.