Delegates participate in the ceremony to kick off the project (Photo: sggp.org.vn)
The funding is being channeled through the UN Development Programme (UNDP) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, with the aim to build roughly 1,200 ponds in order to adapt to climate change in the southcentral and Central Highlands regions.
Moving forward, the project is anticipated to benefit local resident across five provinces, including Dak Lak, Dak Nong, Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan, and Binh Thuan.
Upon addressing the ceremony to kick off the project, Terence D. Jones, resident representative of the UNDP in Vietnam, emphasized that the UNDP has also recently deployed the GCF-funded US$30 million project to help 28 coastal Vietnamese provinces deal with climate change.
As a means of solving the shortage of water, the new project will strive to support small farming households in a bid to strengthen their resilience to effectively cope with drought.
Simultaneously, farmers who make use of rainwater for cultivation will also benefit from the upgrading and building of 1,159 new ponds that have been specifically designed to adapt to climate change.
- Over $30 million for Vietnam to enhance climate resilience
- Vietnam fully implements international treaties on climate change
- Women bear the brunt of climate change in Angola
- Snakes are facing extinction as temperatures rise due to climate change with some species losing 90 per cent of their habitat
- Copenhagen climate change conference: 'Fourteen days to seal history's judgment on this generation'
- Tropical forests are losing the ability to suck up carbon dioxide decades earlier than expected as climate change slows growth and kills trees
- The Political Status Quo Is No Match for Climate Change
- From Coronavirus to Climate Change, the Challenges We Face Call for a Change in our Culture of Engineering | Opinion
- US to provide additional military aid to Ukraine including armed patrol boats
- From border security to climate change, national emergency declarations raise hard questions about presidential power
- What is climate change, and how is it affecting Earth?
- Bill Gates Book on Fighting Climate Change Coming Next June
GCF provides additional US$30 million fund to help nation adapt to climate change have 363 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.