The event was co-organized by the Vietnam National University, Hanoi – University of Economics and Business (VNU-UEB), the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment's Department of Climate Change, and the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF).
According to VNU-UEB Rector Nguyen Truc Le, the forum aimed at connecting Vietnamese and U.K. partners in trade, services and investment, and at promoting the sides' bilateral cooperation in education, training, and science-technology.
Presentations at the forum focused on some key features of the U.K.-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (UKVFTA); the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on bilateral trade; policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions towards a low-carbon economy in Vietnam; and the potential, opportunities, and challenges for the development of a forest carbon market, among other matters.
The event also opened up new collaboration in research between universities under the Vietnam National University, Hanoi, and research agencies, development organizations, and state management agencies of Vietnam and the U.K. Such collaboration will contribute to solving major issues of sustainable socio-economic growth and climate change response of the sides involved.
At the forum, the VNU-UEB introduced its publication on the Vietnam-U.K. economic and commercial relations toward a low-carbon economy and sustainable development.
- Forum discuses Vietnam-UK trade, investment, climate change response cooperation
- Vietnam committed to climate change response: PM
- Seminar seeks to improve firms’ role in climate change response
- Vietnam plays active role in climate change response: ambassador
- Vietnam, US to cooperate on climate change response
- Vietnam plays active role in climate change response: Ambassador
- Vietnam shows its active role in responding to climate change
- PM’s trip to display Vietnam’s sense of responsibility towards climate change
- Việt Nam's active role in climate change to be highlighted at COP 26
- PM affirm commitments to global response to climate change
- PM affirms commitments to global response to climate change
Forum discuses Vietnam-U.K. trade, investment, climate change response cooperation have 306 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.