TRUTH Social will be created through a new company formed by a merger of the Trump Media and Technology Group and a special acquisition company, according to a press release distributed by both organizations.
“We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced. This is unacceptable,” Trump said in the written release.
“I am excited to send out my first TRUTH on TRUTH Social very soon. TMTG was founded with a mission to give a voice to all. I’m excited to soon begin sharing my thoughts on TRUTH Social and to fight back against Big Tech,” he said.
A Trump representative who declined to be named confirmed the contents of the TMTG news release to Reuters . Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington also tweeted a copy of the release.
According to the release Trump Media and Technology Group and Digital World Acquisition Corp. would merge into a single publicly traded company if approved by regulators and stockholders.
The deal values Trump Media & Technology Group at $875 million, including debt, according to the statement. Trump Media & Technology Group’s growth plans initially will be funded by DWAC’s cash in trust of $293 million.
TRUTH Social plans a so-called Beta Launch for invited guests in November, followed by a nationwide rollout in the first quarter of 2022.
The new company also has plans for a subscription video-on-demand service featuring entertainment programming, news and podcasts.
- Facebook launches new election efforts, will expand labels for posts on voting
- Donald Trump says QAnon followers 'like me very much and I appreciate it' and that they 'love our country' despite his own FBI labeling conspiracy theory a domestic terror threat
- MAGA TikTok Creators Stand by Trump—Despite a Potential Ban
- Trump says he wouldn't rule out more funding for Postal Service
- TikTok launches new website to combat "misinformation"
- Facebook, Google and Twitter launch efforts to combat misinformation about 2020 election by creating nonpartisan and accurate information hubs after social media giants came under fire for how they handled interference in 2016 election
- TikTok: The story of a social media giant
- Majority of Americans Think Trump's Trying to Divide America to Win Reelection: Poll
- Trump congratulates conspiracy theorist Laura Loomer on winning GOP primary for district that covers Mar-a-Lago
- White House claims Trump 'hasn't done a deep dive' on Laura Loomer after congratulating her for Republican primary win despite critics branding her a Sandy Hook and Parkland hoaxer
- Trump's beef with TikTok is an existential threat to the internet
- TikTok employees ready legal challenge in response to Trump order
Former US president Donald Trump launches new social media platform have 422 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.