Of the rice amount, more than 75,413 tonnes of rice sourced from the national reserve have been transferred to nine Southern provinces and cities to help thousands of people facing difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Particularly, Ho Chi Minh City received over 71,000 tonnes of free rice.
Meanwhile, 4,117.8 tons of rice were handed over to Binh Phuoc, Bac Lieu and Soc Trang provinces while 1,847 tons of rice were given to Quang Nam and Quang Ngai provinces
From September 20 to September 22, the State Reserve Department in the North Central Highlands region allocated over 208.8 tons of rice to support 3,360 households with 13,925 people in 10 districts of Gia Lai province.
The State Reserve Departments at localities were tasked to work with local authorities to deliver the rice to people in need at the earliest.
According to the General Department of State Reserves, the timely provision of food from the national reserve is one of the important political tasks particularly in the context of social distancing in many localities due to the complicated development of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Military units support pandemic-hit localities
- Vietnam's southern localities urge halt to pandemic-hit people returning to hometowns
- Mekong Delta provinces want 15-day suspension for people returning from COVID-19 hit localities
- Pandemic-hit labourers given over 370 billion VND in unemployment insurance benefits
- Southern localities work to support returnees from pandemic-hit areas
- Hundreds of pandemic-hit migrant workers brought home from southern localities
- Vietnamese-origin billionaire singer donates more necessities to pandemic-hit people
- More support for pandemic-hit people and COVID-19 combat efforts
- Thousands attempting to return from pandemic-hit southern provinces to receive support
- New York City job losses amid coronavirus pandemic hitting Hispanic and poorer households hardest: Survey
- Pandemic hit Asian-owned businesses in Southern California hardest, study finds
- Failure on infrastructure will hit local governments the hardest
136,000 tons of rice allocated to pandemic-hit localities have 284 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.