Dr Park made the statement in an interview with the Vietnam News Agency on September 10.
"We have seen human resources and technical experts sent for surge support to provinces that needed additional capacities. The whole-of-society approach is led by the highest level of the Government, with the Prime Minister now heading the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 prevention and control," he said. "This demonstrates the strong determination of the Government to combat the outbreak situation."
Dr. Park said a few COVID-19 vaccine candidates are being developed by manufacturers in Vietnam and some are already at clinical trial phases.
WHO has supported Vietnam in strengthening the capacity of national regulatory authority of vaccine and medicine, the NRA. The NRA Vietnam has been certified as the Maturity Level 3 by WHO in 2020 which is the second highest level in WHO assessment scheme of NRA. It means that the NRA in Vietnam is capable to guide vaccine manufactures and evaluate the efficacy, safety and quality of vaccine candidates.
According to Dr. Park, Vietnam is still in a very complicated and difficult outbreak situation, with number of cases crossing more than half million since beginning of September.
He said there is still a lot of tasks ahead to overcome and the next few weeks will be critical.
"WHO remains confident that Vietnam's robust public health emergency response is on the right track in managing the current outbreaks," he said./.
- George H.W. Bush Warned Iraq War Would 'Not Be Another Vietnam': Relive Newsweek's 1990 Cover Story
- Mobile city just sued itself
- In this fight for our lives, collaboration and not competition will win the day
- Barack Obama, Stacey Abrams, John Kerry and Irshad Manji on How to Make America Great—Finally
- Mobile seafood vendor: ‘Our whole area is just being destroyed’
- Corker Announces Rob Portman Will Lead Congressional Efforts To End Modern Slavery Worldwide
- The Real Estate Industry Is Fighting New York City’s Historic Climate Bill On Technicalities
- The Morning Download: Losing the Cyber War, But Living to Fight Another Day
- Here are five South Florida heroes who served combat tours
- On 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, Florida marks a special Veterans Day
- Kentucky Expecting Ongoing Growth in 2019
- Colorado firefighters deploy to California to help battle raging wildfires
WHO: Vietnam Gov’t making tremendous efforts and mobilizing resources to fight pandemic have 377 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.