The index closed six points higher after two losing sessions. It is now at its highest in over a week.
Trading value on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), on which the index is based, fell 2.4 percent to VND19.2 trillion ($844.88 million).
The VN30 basket, comprising the 30 largest capped stocks, saw 17 tickers in the green, with MSN of Masan climbing 6.9 percent to a new peak.
News of the Government of Singapore divesting from the company seemed to have not discouraged investors as the ticker went up for the third session in a row, with a combined growth of 11.5 percent.
PNJ of Phu Nhuan Jewelry rebounded with 3.3 percent growth after two losing sessions.
GAS of state-owned Petrovietnam Gas rose 2.8 percent to the highest in nearly a month.
HPG of steelmaker Hoa Phat Group and POW of electricity producer Petrovietnam Power Corporation both gained 2.6 percent.
Eleven blue chip tickers ended in the red, with VCB of state-owned lender Vietcombank falling 1.2 percent and ACB of Asia Commercial Bank down 1 percent.
The net selling value of foreign investors fell to VND18 billion, lowest in the last 13 sessions. They focused on selling VNM of dairy giant Vinamilk and VHM of real estate giant Vinhomes.
The HNX-Index for stocks on the Hanoi Stock Exchange, home to mid and small caps, rose 0.83 percent while the UPCoM-Index for the Unlisted Public Companies Market gained 0.84 percent.
- VN-Index bounces back on large-cap stocks
- VN-Index slides as bank stocks lost ground
- VN-Index falls due to lack of support
- VN-Index posts best gaining session in two weeks
- VN-Index records biggest losing session in two weeks
- VN-Index kicks off 2020 in green
- VN-Index edges up in quiet session
- VN-Index gets new week off to positive start
- VN-Index up slightly, market trading quiet ahead of year-end
- Blue chips buoy VN-Index
- Brighter outlook for VN stock market but risks abound
- Stock market ends three-session gaining streak
VN-Index bounces back after two falling sessions have 299 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.