London (VNA) – Vietnamese businesses in the UK donated over 2 billion VND (more than 87,800 USD) to support COVID-19 prevention and control efforts in Vietnam at a ceremony marking the 15th anniversary of the Vietnam Business Association in the UK (VBUK).
At the ceremony held on September 15 in London, Vietnamese Ambassador to the UK Nguyen Hoang Long called on the VBUK to maintain its role as a bridge between the business community in the UK and Vietnam.
He said that bilateral trade between Vietnam and the UK has increased about 10 times from 600-700 million USD in 2007 to 6.5 billion USD in 2021, and is expected to reach 10 billion USD thanks to the implementation of the UKVFTA.
The Ambassador emphasized that this is a great opportunity that Vietnamese businesses in general and Vietnamese businesses in the UK in particular need to take advantage of.
Pham Minh Nam, chairman of VBUK in the just-concluded tenure, said that the association successfully connected the business communities of the UK and Vietnam, and assisted many European and UK companies in setting up partnerships with Vietnamese firms.
Assessing the potential for cooperation between domestic and Vietnamese enterprises in the UK, Phuong Hoang, Chairman of VBUK for the 2021-2026 term said that the implementation of UKVFTA with preferential tariffs has opened up great opportunities for Vietnamese businesses in the two countries to promote trade, increase import-export activities and investment./.
- That’s shoe business: UK freshman learns how not to put his best foot forward
- Business schools see opportunity in China, Chinese students
- Sparrows Point Country Club seeks to shrink course, add 300 houses
- Tyson Fury fight with bum Tom Schwarz makes mockery of Gypsy King’s big claims and is bad news for fans
- The State of Small Business: Connecticut
- The State of Small Business: Illinois
- For some businesses, Maryland is actually very friendly
- Google Domains Now Available for Businesses
- Find Your Dream Business: Ideas to Inspire You
- Small Businesses Dominate Mobile Apps Market
- All victims in Essex truck deaths thought to be Vietnamese: UK police
- Sports Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football Vietnamese woman to join global community of creative teachers
Vietnamese businesses in UK support pandemic fight in home country have 374 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.