Health care was high on the agenda of the US Vice President’s trip to Vietnam last month.
|US Vice President Kamala Harris joins the launch of the Southeast Asia regional office of the US CDC in Vietnam. Photo: US Embassy in Vietnam|
Outcomes of the US Vice President's visit to Vietnam last month have been touched on by reporters during a virtual press briefing held by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs today [September 9].
"Vietnam sincerely thanks the US for the timely, effective and caring support to combat the Covid-19 pandemic", replied Vietnam Vice Spokesperson Doan Khac Viet, as health care was high on the agenda of Kamala Harris’s trip.
During the trip to Vietnam in August, the US Vice President was welcomed by her counterpart, Vo Thi Anh Xuan, and met with Vietnamese President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh. She also witnessed the signing of a land lease agreement for the new US embassy in Hanoi and the launch of the Southeast Asia regional office of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Harris also announced the US donation of an additional one million coronavirus vaccine doses to Vietnam, which was shipped to the country within 24 hours.
According to Viet, during that visit, leaders of the two nations discussed and reached a consensus on making efforts to foster bilateral ties, especially on cooperation in trade, investment, national security, war aftermath settlement, healthcare, education, and technology science.
“18 years after the normalization of bilateral ties, based on achievements and mutual desires, the bilateral relations have been upgraded to Comprehensive Partnership in 2013,” Viet said.
So far, the two countries have continuously enhanced and developed the ties, obtaining numerous practical results in key areas, bilaterally and multilaterally, contributing to peace, stability, and cooperation in the region and the world over.
With the foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, proactively and actively contributing to regional and international peace, stability, cooperation, Vietnam always sees the US as one of the country's top partners, affirmed the Vice Spokesperson.
- You made yourself heard: Extremely disappointed Frampton thanks supporters after Warrington loss
- Prayers for Carter continue to flood in after parents of Charlie Cookson thank supporters for their love and kindness
- Family "overwhelmed" by support in cancer fight
- O’Callaghan is overwhelmed by support for cancer fight
- Vietnam Rolls Out Cybersecurity Law Censoring ‘Toxic, Confusing’ Content Online
- Port Vale Supporters Club LIVE
- That was my worst experience ever watching Carl fight, says Frampton’s wife
- Baby who needs heart donor still fighting, say parents
- Pacquiao vs Broner live stream FREE: How to watch TONIGHT’S fight on TV and online without paying a penny
- 'The fight is everything'
- Iraqi MP Praises Saudi Support in Country's Fight Against Daesh
- Whyte vs Chisora live stream FREE: How to watch fights on heavyweight undercard without paying a penny
Vietnam thanks US for support in Covid-19 fight have 468 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.