The three localities with the highest number of new cases were Ho Chi Minh City with 5,171 cases, Binh Duong with 1,410 cases and Dong Nai with 869 cases.
Of the day’s tally, 6,154 cases were detected in the community.
The new cases pushed up the domestic tally in the current wave to 691,286.
The health ministry also confirmed 6,821 discharges the same day, bringing the total tally of recovered cases so far to 464,326.
215 deaths were announced Monday, raising the death toll to 17,305, or 2.5 percent of infections.
The average number of new cases in the country for the past seven days has been 10,160 a day while the national death rate over the past week has been 234 a day on average.
Over 34.55 million people have received at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot, in which 6.64 million people have been fully vaccinated.
- Mercedes-Benz Vietnam introduces the new S-Class: Extending the leading position of full-sized sedans
- US experiencing most cases of gonorrhoea, chlamydia and syphilis in recorded history, new CDC report says
- Prosecutors Say New York Manafort Case Isn't Double Jeopardy
- The nature of the US- China trade war and its impact on Vietnam
- Vietnam-Myanmar relations deepening
- Thua Thien-Hue records surge of tourists in two months
- Vietnam, Malaysia target trade turnover of US$20 billion
- Vietnam and FTA diplomacy
- Trump Records Must Be Given to the House, Appeals Court Says
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 9
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 10
Vietnam records 8,668 new Covid-19 cases have 223 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.