Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on September 10 signed Decision 1469/QD-TTg appointing Vu Viet Trang as General Director of the State-run Vietnam News Agency (VNA).
The decision took effect the same day.
Vu Viet Trang, the new General Director of VNA, born October 16, 1969, graduated from the Vietnam National University – Hanoi, majoring in English, in 1993.
She started working at the VNA in 1993 as a sub-editor at the News for Foreign Service Department .
In 2004, she was promoted to head of the English Desk at the News for Foreign Service Department and Assistant to the Department's Director.
In 2005, Trang was appointed Deputy Director of the Editorial Secretariat and External Relations Department of the VNA.
She became Director of the Editorial Secretariat and External Relations Department in 2011.
On November 17, 2017, Trang was appointed Deputy General Director of VNA by the Prime Minister.
During her career, she has been awarded the Prime Minister's Certificates of Merit several times, for contributions to the coverage of the APEC Leaders' Meeting and related meetings in 2006 and the communication drive on the 12th National Party Congress in 2016, for outstanding work performance in 2018, and for her role in the communication drive on the Vietnam ASEAN Year 2020.
She was admitted to the Party in 2000, and has been a member of the VNA's Party Committee since 2014 and a member of the standing board of the VNA's Party Committee since 2015./.
- North Korea has a new forestry machine factory, state media says
- New rules strip veteran affairs agency of discretion after IndyStar investigation
- Fact check: Why did President Trump fire FBI Director James Comey?
- Boeing jet forced to turn around MID-AIR after UK bans 737 MAX planes
- Fact check: Trump’s power to pardon
- Fact check: False statements on Russia from the Trump team
- How Civilian Firms Fact-Check North Korea’s Denuclearization Efforts
- When The Commander in Chief Is ‘Unfit,’ What’s a General to Do? Jim Mattis’ Resignation Was Just a Beginning.
- Pressure mounts on Boeing as more airlines ground Max 737 8 fleets
- Britain bans Boeing 737 Max 8 jets from flying in its airspace
- Beto O'Rourke was member of hacking group called Cult of the Dead Cow
- Whose blood, whose treasure?
Vietnam News Agency has new General Director have 371 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.