HÀ NỘI — Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính on Friday signed Decision 1469/QD-TTg appointing Vũ Việt Trang as general director of the State-run Vietnam News Agency (VNA).
The decision took effect the same day.
Vũ Việt Trang, the new General Director of VNA, born October 16, 1969, graduated from Việt Nam National University, Hà Nội, majoring in English, in 1993.
She started working at VNA in 1993 as a sub-editor for the News for Foreign Service Department.
In 2004, she was promoted to head of the English Desk at the News for Foreign Service Department and assistant to the department's director.
In 2005, Trang was appointed deputy director of the Editorial Secretariat and External Relations Department of the VNA.
She became director of the Editorial Secretariat and External Relations Department in 2011.
On November 17, 2017, Trang was appointed deputy general director of VNA by the Prime Minister.
During her career, she has been awarded the Prime Minister's Certificates of Merit several times for contributions to the coverage of the APEC Leaders' Meeting and related meetings in 2006; the communication drive on the 12th National Party Congress in 2016; outstanding work performance in 2018; and for her role in the communication drive on the Vietnam ASEAN Year 2020.
She was admitted to the Party in 2000, and has been a member of the VNA Party Committee since 2014, and a member of the standing board of the VNA Party Committee since 2015. — VNS
- Chinese state news agency unveils 'the world's first 3D AI anchor' after 'cloning' a human reporter
- Chechen leader Kadyrov in Moscow hospital with suspected coronavirus: Russian news agencies
- Kazakhstani Ambassador: Ho Chi Minh’s Thoughts penetrate into Vietnam’s social life
- Cuba holds seminar on Vietnam’s development experience
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 29
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 21
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 21
- IPs mushroom as Vietnam seeks to grab post-pandemic opportunities
- Five tax officials suspended for alleged bribery at Tenma Vietnam
- After COVID-19 rains, skies between Vietnam and RoK will be bright again
- Tax and customs officials suspended for alleged bribery at Tenma Vietnam
- Vietnam, China hold online discussions on farm produce, food trade
Vietnam News Agency has first female General Director have 364 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.