Vienna (VNA) – Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Le Minh Hoan on September 7 visited the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU) in Vienna and proposed cooperation pogrammes between his ministry and the university.
Briefing the Vietnamese official on training and researching activities of the university, BOKU Rector Hubert Hasenauer said that BOKU is a leading European university on sustainable development and life sciences, focusing on developing living space, natural resources and environment management, and nutrition and medical security.
BOKU currently has more than 12,000 students at all training levels, 20 percent of whom are from different foreign countries, along with more than 1,000 research projects. Its partner network spans all over the world.
The university leader said that BOKU is willing to partner with Vietnam’s agricultural sector in training and research in life sciences and natural resource management.
Minister Hoan showed special interest in BOKU's life science research and the applicability of training and researching activities of the university.
He said that Vietnamese agricultural sector is in need of a new approach to the transformation from single value to integrated and multiple values, creating new living space and ecosystem for agriculture and rural development, stressing that BOKU's philosophy are very suitable for the sector's growth orientations.
Minister Hoan showed hope to foster cooperation with the 150-year-old university in the time to come, while proposing a number of exchange and support programmes in training and researching between BOKU and training facilities run by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
The same day, Minister Hoan also visited a number of eco-tourism farms in Austria./.
- A brief history of social science research
- Vietnam, US cooperate in satellite observation
- Vietnam boosts cooperation with Western Australia
- First international conference on magnetic field held in Vietnam
- Project to better research and education at Việt Nam-Japan University inked in Hà Nội
- Vietnam aiming to boost its innovation index
- Vietnam kicks of universe magnetic conference for first time
- Vietnamese university listed in top 10 ASEAN research universities
- Free access to Covid-19 research and treatment methods provided
- Vietnam, EAEU mull how to boost trade exchange
- US, Vietnam in tie up for satellite observation
- Vingroup pledges 840,000 USD for coronavirus research in Vietnam
Vietnam keen on cooperating with Austrian university in life science research have 378 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.