Vietnam revived their dream for the Futsal World Cup 2021 with a 3-2 win over Panama after losing 1-9 to Brazil in their first match in the qualifying round.
Vietnam revived their dream for the Futsal World Cup 2021 with a 3-2 win over Panama. (Photo: thanhnien.vn)
Right in the first 5 minutes of the first half, Vietnam had two goals thanks to Minh Tri and Chau Doan Phat.
Excited by the lead, Vietnamese players opted for attacking, forcing the opponents to choose “power-play”. The fast-paced match continued with both sides trying to assert dominance with Panama's resilience helping them draw level before the break.
Panama held the upper hand when the match resumed, forcing Vietnam to defend but as the clock ticked away, the Southeast Asian side adopted a more aggressive approach which paid off when Nguyen Van Hieu beat keeper Jorge Hernandez in the 26th minute.
The 3-2 win has opened up chances for Vietnam to advance forward. The team will face the Czech Republic on September 21 in the last game of group D./.
- England World Cup hopes dashed in gripping final
- Argentina 0 Peru 0: Lionel Messi left with World Cup hopes hanging by a thread after draw at La Bombonera
- USA boss Bruce Arena insists Donald Trump’s controversial views are impacting his side’s World Cup hopes
- Bairstow says series win in New Zealand would boost England’s World Cup hopes
- Ireland’s World Cup hopes boosted by Scotland’s win over Slovakia thanks to Martin Skrtel own goal
- Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and Paulo Dybala train as Argentina fight to rescue their World Cup hopes
- Wales 1 Austria 0: Liverpool starlet Ben Woodburn keeps Welsh World Cup hopes alive with a stunning debut strike
- Cricket Scotland’s World Cup hopes rest on defeating West Indies
- What are Africa's chances for the 2018 World Cup?
- ANALYSIS: Woodman saved U20s World Cup final pen ... but Scottish Cup shoot-out with Killie shows he can do it in the big games, too!
- 2018 team must show Sepp Blatter X-Factor as hopes over World Cup bid
- Laura Kenny set for return to action at Track Cycling World Championships
Vietnam gets back on track in Futsal World Cup hope with 3-2 win over Panama have 347 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.