Havana (VNA) – Deputy Minister of National Defence Sen. Lt. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien held talks with Minister of the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces Alvaro Lopez Miera in Havana on September 20 morning.
At the meeting, Minister Alvaro Lopez Miera highly spoke of President Phuc's visit to Cuba, saying it reaffirms the solidarity and special brotherhood between the two countries at the time when the world is facing challenges caused by the uncertainties of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Both sides welcomed the outcomes of bilateral defence cooperation over recent years which are in line with documents and agreements signed by the two ministries and commitments made by the countries' leaders. They particularly spoke highly of results achieved in 2020, highlighting the compilation of a set of documents on the Vietnam-Cuba defence partnership over the last six decades (1960 – 2020) as an example.
They agreed to further increase delegation exchanges, high-level dialogues and cooperation in defence industry, personnel training, cyber security, military medicine and other areas that both sides have competitive edges and potential.
They also agreed to coordinate in responding to the pandemic and soon develop and sign a cooperation plan between the two countries' military medical forces for the next five years.
Thanking the Cuban Ministry of Revolutionary Armed Forces for sending medicines and experts to help Vietnam fight COVID-19, Deputy Minister Chien announced that the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defence will present 100 tonnes of corn seeds along with medical supplies and cash, worth around 436,700 USD in total, to its Cuban counterpart.
The Cuban minister also informed that his ministry will donate 150,000 doses of Abdala COVID-19 vaccine and virus treatment medicines to Vietnam's Ministry of National Defence.
At the end of the talks, the two sides inked a plan for defence cooperation for 2020 – 2022./.
- G20 Second Day Centers Around Climate Change, Equality, While World Leaders Hold Talks on Sidelines
- Vietnam, Cuba look towards more practical, effective relations
- Greetings to Cuba on 59th anniversary of Vietnam-Cuba diplomatic ties
- Boris Johnson will NOT hold talks with Donald Trump despite President being in the UK for Nato summit after fears it would tarnish his election bid
- Defence cost-sharing talks fail to yield concrete result amid US demand for hefty rise: Seoul negotiator
- PM Modi holds talks with PMs of Australia, Vietnam; focuses on maritime cooperation
- DPRK says willing to hold talks with U.S. by arbitration of S. Korea
- Boris Johnson insists he WILL hold talks with Donald Trump at NATO summit
- Jaishankar holds talks with several Asian counterparts
- Delhi: Naidu holds talks with Sonia post meetings with Rahul and Pawar
- Israel’s Gantz, Netanyahu hold talks to break gov’t deadlock
- Party chief Nguyen Phu Trong has talks with Cuban leader Raul Castro
Vietnam, Cuba’s defence leaders hold talks have 516 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.