New York (VNA) – Vietnamese Ambassador to the US Ha Kim Ngoc attended a webinar to release the summary report of the first Mekong-US Partnership Track 1.5 Policy Dialogue on September 15, at an invitation of Stimson Centre .
Delegates welcomed the progress in cooperation between the Mekong countries and the US, especially the upgrade from the Lower Mekong Initiative (LMI) to the Mekong-US partnership from 2020. They also appreciated the outcomes of the first Mekong-US Partnership Track 1.5 Policy Dialogue in March 2021.
Ambassador Ngoc affirmed Vietnam attaches great importance to the Mekong-US partnership, and pledges to continue working closely with the US and other Mekong countries to effectively implement the signed programmes and plans. He told delegates that during the ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020, Vietnam coordinated with ASEAN countries and partners to actively link development goals and plans of the Mekong sub-region with ASEAN’s common development goals and strategies.
The ambassador suggested the Mekong countries and the US prioritise promoting cooperation in infrastructure development, digital economy, and clean and renewable energy.
According to him, US agencies, organisations and businesses should explore opportunities and increase investment in the region, especially in the private sector, public-private partnerships (PPP) as well as key infrastructure projects.
The Vietnamese representative also suggested the two sides continue to prioritise cooperation to improve the Mekong sub-region's resilience and adaptability to the impacts of climate change, as well as collaboration in sustainable management of water resources. He also proposed strengthening coordination between the Mekong-US partnership with other sub-regional cooperation mechanisms and frameworks such as Mekong – Japan, Mekong – the Republic Korea, Mekong – Ganga (with India) and Mekong – Lancang (with China).
The Partnership Policy Dialogues are a series of seven conferences taking place between 2021 and 2023 that are generously supported by a grant from the US Department of State's Mekong-US Partnership.
The Partnership's Track 1.5 Policy Dialogue series serves as the flagship programme of the Mekong-US Partnership's human resources development area of engagement./.
- Vietnam always attaches importance to relations with Japan: Official
- French Communist Party attaches importance to ties with Vietnam
- Part 2: Expanding the Vietnam-Russia Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
- Workshop looks at Vietnam-India cooperation potential
- Vietnam wants to cooperate with Japan in developing e-government: PM
- Vietnam, Japan hold cultural exchange night
- Vietnam, Japan agree to further enhance political trust
- Vietnam, Japan agree to enhance political trust
- Photo exhibition on Vietnam opens in Hungary
- Vietnam to buy more American, European pork
- Deluge of meat imports set to surface
- Vietnam seeks Japan’s assistance in developing e-government
Vietnam attaches importance to Mekong-US partnership: Ambassador have 424 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.