Hanoi (VNA) – Vice President Vo Thi Anh Xuan on September 16 visited and presented gifts to child patients at the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (NIHBT) on the threshold of the 2021 Mid-Autumn Festival .
The annual festival is considered a traditional occasion exclusively for children.
Xuan expressed her hope that the children will continue to overcome their diseases and soon return to normal life.
The Vice President spoke highly of efforts made by medical workers at the NIHBT who are striving to contain the spread of COVID-19 and at the same time taking care of regular patients.
She voiced a hope that in the coming time, the institute will introduce more research studies and strategic activities to enhance position of Vietnam's medical sector at the regional and international arenas, and provide better health care services, especially for the vulnerable like children.
Head of the NIHBT Dr. Bach Quoc Khanh said that the institute takes care of about 1,200 patients each day, of them 25 percent are children.
Of over 250 children currently receiving inpatient care, over 65 percent are from rural areas and nearly 40 percent from disadvantaged and near-poor families, he added.
In addition to providing treatment, the NIHBT has joined hands with organisations and individuals to arrange online courses and other programmes supporting the child patients and their families./.
- US pledges $60M in military aid to Ukraine ahead of Zelensky visit
- Frost set for EU showdown in Brexit border row as bloc to 'press ahead' with hated plans
- How Joe Biden Won the Presidency
- Read the transcript of President Trump’s speech from the RNC
- Biden to talk Russia, anti-corruption with Ukraine's president
- Biden expected to campaign with Newsom next week, ahead of California recall election
- Biden Condemns Texas Abortion Law. Media Insists He’s A ‘Deeply Catholic’ President
- September will be the most crucial month of Joe Biden’s presidency
- When do schools start again for the autumn term?
- Queen's Windsor return confirmed – details of 1st autumn meeting emerge
- Kate Middleton wears pink to fulfil promise to five-year-old leukaemia patient
- India 'prepares for the worst' ahead of possible Covid-19 third wave
Vice President visits child patients ahead of Mid-Autumn Festival have 364 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.