Singer Phi Nhung, 51, passed away today after more than a month of COVID-19 treatment at Cho Ray Hospital, HCM City.
Singer Phi Nhung is loved by audiences for her Vietnamese Bolero songs. — Photo baotintuc.vn
According to the singer’s representative, despite being treated with all kinds of techniques, including ECMO intervention, her condition deteriorated.
Previously, in July, Nhung postponed her plan to return to the US to reunite with her daughter because she wanted to continue to stay in HCM City to do volunteer work during the outbreak.
Phi Nhung, whose full name is Pham Phi Nhung, was a Vietnamese-American singer famous for her talent in Vietnamese bolero, folk, and country music.
She was born on April 10, 1972, in Gia Lai Province, located in Vietnam's Central Highlands region, to a Vietnamese mother and an American serviceman father before emigrating to the United States in 1989.
In 2005, Phi Nhung returned to Vietnam to pursue her Vietnamese bolero career.
The famous singer adopted many orphans, including sponsoring the winner of The Voice Kids 2016 – Ho Van Cuong to study until the age of 18.
Phi Nhung was loved by audiences for lyrical folk songs such as Dien Dien Flower, In love with a Ben Tre Girl.
In her artistic career, the vocalist was considered a “stage lover” with singer Manh Quynh, with the two often performed great duets on stage.
She also acted as a judge for music competitions such as Solo with bolero, Listen to me sing…
With her efforts, the female singer gradually conquered fans with her sweet, deep voice.
- Cranberries singer O'Riordan died by drowning
- Aretha was a mother by the age of 12 and married to a pimp at 19
- We Came as Romans singer Kyle Pavone’s death confirmed in heartbreaking post
- Noida: Live-in partner, 5 others held for singer's murder
- Man dies after becoming ill at nightclub
- Aretha Franklin dead – ‘Queen of Soul’ dies aged 76 at home in Detroit after losing cancer battle
- Inspirational dancer Lindsay Kemp dies
- Dolores O'Riordan died face up in bath dressed in pyjamas, inquest hears
- Who was Lazytown’s Stefan Karl Stefansson, when did the Robbie Rotten actor die and what is bile duct cancer?
- Amazing Snakeheads singer Dale Barclay dead aged 32 – days after surgery amid brain cancer battle
- The mentally ill 29-year-old helped to die by Dutch doctors
- Tattooed model Zombie Boy dies aged 32 as friend Lady Gaga makes suicide appeal
Singer Phi Nhung dies of COVID-19 have 390 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.