Vietnam and Russia agreed to strengthen cooperation in the post-pandemic period, facilitate trade, investment, and major projects in priority fields.
Russian President Vladimir Putin highlighted bilateral cooperation in the Covid-19 response and expressed his commitment to continue supporting Vietnam in this regard.
|State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the phone talk. Source: VNA|
Such was the outcome of a phone talk between Vietnam's State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin today [September 16].
For his part, State President Phuc said Vietnam gives priority to the long-standing friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia, expecting closer linkage in all spheres for mutual benefits.
Phuc expressed his thanks for Russian support to Vietnam during the pandemic, especially in vaccines and medical equipment, while calling for speeding up technology transfer in vaccine production for Vietnam.
At the phone talk, two leaders agreed to strengthen cooperation in the post-pandemic period to facilitate trade, investment, and the implementation of major projects in the fields of energy, oil, defense, and security.
Both leaders also discussed regional and international issues of shared concern, reaffirming the efforts to support each other in regional forums and address territorial disputes on the East Sea via peaceful means and international law, specifically the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
"Vietnam stands ready to serve as the bridge for Russia to expand cooperation with ASEAN and the Asia-Pacific region," Phuc stressed.
Phuc thanked the Russian Government for caring for the Vietnamese community in Russia during the difficult period and hoped further support would be given to them to return to normal life in the post-pandemic period.
On this occasion, Putin invited Phuc to visit Russia in his time of convenience. The Vietnam State President accepted the invitation, saying he looks forward to welcoming Putin in Vietnam soon.
- Vietnam’s local border guards continue supporting Laos’ COVID-19 fight
- Yemen's COVID-19 Fight: 'We've Only Just Begun'
- Government leader highlights Vietnamese success in COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam presents French localities with medical supplies for COVID-19 fight
- Japan’s NHK television channel hails Vietnam’s COVID-19 fight
- Philippines: Bill plans tax on tech firms to fund COVID-19 fight
- WHO Regional Director for Africa pays tribute to African leaders on COVID-19 fight
- Georgians usher in summer atypically amid COVID-19 fight
- Overseas Vietnamese support COVID-19 fight in homeland
- Cargill donates US$64,382 to support COVID-19 fight
- Quang Ngai supports Lao province in COVID-19 fight
- Russian, Belarusian media laud Vietnam’s achievements in COVID-19 fight
Putin pledges to support Vietnam in Covid-19 fight have 403 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.