Hanoi (VNA) – World Rhino Day is on September 22, and it was first announced by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) in South Africa in 2010. After more than 10 years, the day is observed by many countries, contributing to raising public awareness about rhino conservation. rhinos poached annually in South Africa has decreased from more than 1,000 individuals in 2017 to nearly 400 last year. wildlife crime s in general and rhinos in particular. Accordingly, a crime related to rhinos and rhino horn can be punished with a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison, almost double the seven years of imprisonment of the old Penal Code. illegal trade and consumption of rhino horn.
- NCF embarks on public awareness to save vultures from extinction
- Conservative sources deny David Cameron pig’s head allegations
- NCF to partner South-East states on environmental conservation, ecotourism
- UK floods: David Cameron pledges unlimited public funds
- Conservation and fashion: What is the impact of using exotic animal skins?
- Obaseki tasks environmentalists, researchers to lead awareness campaign on ocean life
- Galveston fishermen start 'balloon roundup' to raise awareness on the dangers of balloon releases
- Conservation and Compassion in the Age of Humans and Beyond
- Compassionate Conservation Matures and Comes of Age
- 'There was a witch-hunt': Silicon Valley conservatives decry Google groupthink
- Are Conservatives Healthier Than Liberals?
- Opinion: 3 proposals for a sustainable strengthening of press freedom
Public awareness about rhino conservation should be strengthened have 217 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.