Speaking at the September 24 event, Ambassador Nguyen Tuan highlighted September 2, 1945 as a glorious milestone in Vietnam's history.
He briefed his guests on what Vietnam has achieved during the "Doi Moi" (renewal) period over the last 35 years and its efforts to fight COVID-19, and on some basic points of Vietnam's foreign policy set by the 13th National Party Congress early this year.
The diplomat took the occasion to thank the Government and people of Slovakia for donating 100,000 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam and committing to more deliveries in the future.
He expressed his delight at the comprehensive development of the long-standing relations between the two countries, saying he expects the bilateral ties will grow further and bear more fruits in the coming time.
Tuan also showed his gratitude towards the Vietnamese community in Slovakia for raising a total of 11,710 EUR (13,724 USD) for Vietnam's COVID-19 vaccine fund.
- Coronavirus live updates: Vice President Pence blames governors for nation’s low testing numbers
- The Latest: WHO chief says worst of outbreak yet to come
- AP report claims China knew of pandemic danger in Wuhan even as officials downplayed risk of virus
- Meet Salvador Cabanas: The Man Utd transfer target whose dream move ended after being shot in the head at a nightclub
- Johnson missed 5 key coronavirus meetings, but UK government defends his leadership
- Coronavirus live updates: 51 cases reported at Safeway distribution center in Tracy
- Global concert raises more than $127M for WHO emergency response fund
- Coronavirus live updates: Hospitalized cases in Bay Area reach April low
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area hospitalizations reach April low
- Japan is offering sex workers financial aid. But they say it's not enough to survive the coronavirus pandemic
- One of Australia's biggest cities is so quiet that kangaroos are jumping through the center
- Coronavirus live updates: 40,000 dead in US
National Day celebrated in Slovakia have 301 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.