In his opening remarks, deputy head of the Party Central Committee's Economic Commission Nguyen Duc Hien said the 13th National Party Congress laid out the guideline on accelerating national digital transformation and development of digital economy based on science, technology and innovation.
He stressed that the Politburo's Resolution No.52-NQ/TW dated September 27, 2019 on several policies and guidelines for proactively joining the fourth industrial revolution also set the development of digital economy as a pillar and a key strategic task in the process of national digital transformation for subsequent years. It also set the target that the digital economy will account for 20 percent of GDP by 2025 and 30 percent by 2030.
Hien said despite a boom in fintech, telecoms, production of computers and electronics, information technology and communications services, the digital economy still faces a number of barriers, one of which is the loose and inconsistent institutions and legal environment. The fast development of new business forms poses challenges to management work of State agencies.
Policymakers, experts and business executives discussed new development trends of the digital economy in Vietnam, and pointing out opportunities and challenges faced by enterprises during the digital transformation process. They stressed the need to compete institutions and legal framework for the digital economy, step up digitization in State management agencies, promote electronic payment, improve human resource quality, and facilitate new business models, products and services.
Hien said the Economic Commission will study recommendations made at the event and closely monitor the implementation of the Resolution No.52-NQ/TW in order to build a scheme on guidelines and mechanisms for industrialization, modernization till 2030 with a vision to 2045 to submit to the Party Central Committee in October 2022.
- India, China to establish high-level economic & trade dialogue mechanism
- Fiscal Policy and Economic Development
- Is the economic development prospect of the United States really gloomy?
- Nokia N8 - Providing High Levels Of Functionality And Performance
- The Nokia E5 Provides A High Level Of Functionality
- Digital Brief: The EU's 5G balancing act
- Digital Brief: Commissioners On Trial
- Digital Brief: Copyright Commotion
- Minsk to host EAEU Sustainable Development Goals Forum in 2020
- Indian-American MIT Prof Abhijit Banerjee and wife Esther Duflo win Nobel in Economics
- New IMF head warns about upcoming global economic downturn
- Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer win 2019 Nobel Economics Prize
High-level webinar looks into digital economic development have 377 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.