HÀ NỘI — Deputy Prime Minister Lê Minh Khái on behalf of the Prime Minister has approved funding to purchase nearly 20 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine BNT162 by Pfizer.
According to the decision, signed on September 17, more than VNĐ2.65 trillion (US$115.95 million) sourced from the national COVID-19 vaccine fund (which to date has about $378 million in donations) will be used to purchase nearly 20 million doses of the mRNA vaccine and activities related to the administration of the vaccine at the request of the Ministry of Health.
Relevant ministries are asked to take responsibility for the management, use and payment of the amount in an economic, effective, open and transparent manner.
The health ministry is required to report the use of the sum to the Prime Minister.
Earlier, the Ministry of Health and Pfizer signed an amendment of the definitive supply agreement for an addition 20 million doses – reportedly reserved for children aged 12-18 years old in the country – on top of the original deal for 31 million doses. — VNS
- Chickenpox Hits US Town Where Many Locals Cite Religious Exemptions From Vaccine
- Vaccines Fast Facts
- Mum who lost daughter to meningitis B slams Tories for risking 11 million lives
- It's time for your annual flu vaccine
- 'Outdated and inadequate': Govt mental health inquiry paints damning picture
- 'Incontrovertible evidence': Coroner's plea to Govt to change legal drinking age
- Maseratigate: Opposition at loggerheads with govt
- Metrorex owes EUR 47 million to subway line 5 constructor Astaldi
- How Britney Spears survived 20 years of superstardom
- Eight-year-old girl gets personalized drug for rare disease after parents raise millions
- African press review 20 October 2018
- Gubernatorial teams spend $2.3 million
Gov't signs decision to release $116mln to procure 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccines have 268 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.