Tả Lèng is known for its beautiful terraced fields that fascinate people, especially in September.
Located in Tả Lèng Commune, Tam Đường District, about 8km from the centre of Lai Châu City, Tả Lèng terraced fields attract tourists by their poetic beauty.
Completely different from the countries that share the wet rice cultivation in Southeast Asia, the terraced fields of the Vietnamese ethnic groups show people’s knowledge and behavior with natural water sources. Moreover, it is a long-standing farming method, a technique passed down through generations and the brainchild of people living in mountainous areas.
If other countries have to have a very complicated water pumping system to cultivate terraced fields, in Việt Nam, terraced fields are completely cultivated by hand.
The concentrated areas of terraced fields also contribute to helping the mountainous region escape from deforestation for swidden cultivation, change farming practices, and approach the wet rice civilisation.
With a total area of more than 30 hectares, the terraced fields at Tả Lèng stretch from the middle of the mountain down to the stream, surrounding the entire slope of Pú Phạ Mountain.
In the "pouring-water" season, when the fields have just been plowed and flooded with water, visitors will have the opportunity to admire the sparkling fields in the sunlight, the silvery white color of the newly poured water, the yellow color of the new field surface and the green color of the early transplanted fields.
In March and April, the "green rice" season highlights the beauty of Ban flower forest on the mountainside, creating a mysterious scene.
Around September, when the "rip rice" season comes, the slopes of Pú Phạ Mountain seem to be poured with a layer of iridescent golden honey. Everywhere, there is a faint scent of new rice, the smell of fresh straw creates a special atmosphere.
Coming to Tả Lèng, in addition to the journey to explore the terraced fields around the city, visitors also have the opportunity to learn about the lives of the people and the typical cultural features of the Mông and Khơ Mú ethnic groups in the region. — VNS
- Why down-to-earth actress Olivia Colman is the nation’s favourite and tipped for Golden Globe success
- Ditch dreary February and make dreams of golden sands a reality
- Britain's most expensive street revealed and the houses are red-brick terraces
- The best afternoon teas in easy reach of Surrey
- This bright pink café allows you to customise your own afternoon tea
- The best pubs in Bristol according to the Good Pub Guide
- The 25 best European city breaks for 2019 and where to stay
- What's the best takeaway in Sunderland? Vote for yours in our Takeaway of the Year 2019 competition
- Grand National 2019 ticket prices and packages
- Making a splash on a family trip to Brittany
- Tearoom with 12-seater Cinderella carriage opens in Cobham
- Excavation near Ghar Dalam reveals archaeological findings
Golden terraces of Tả Lèng have 609 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.