A delivery of 852,480 AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses has arrived in Hanoi on September 16. This is a contribution from Germany towards the Vietnamese vaccination campaign.
|Germany supports Viet Nam with 852.480 vaccine doses via COVAX|
This vaccine donation is being supplied via the COVAX Facility in close cooperation with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the World Health Organization (WHO) Vietnam and the Vietnamese Government.
"I am very happy about this delivery of German vaccines via COVAX. Germany stands with Vietnam in fighting and overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic,” German Ambassador to Vietnam, Dr. Guido Hildner, said.
“We can only defeat the pandemic if it is brought under control everywhere. Therefore, Germany and the European Union support the COVAX vaccination campaign for fair and transparent access to COVID-19 vaccines worldwide," he added.
"On behalf of the UN Family, we thank the Government and people of Germany for sharing with the Vietnamese people these life-saving vaccine doses sent through the COVAX Facility", says Dr. Kidong Park, United Nations Resident Coordinator ad interim and the WHO Representative in Vietnam.
"Given the challenging pandemic situation in the country now, we continue to advocate for the Government to prioritize vaccination of health care workers and frontline workers, the elderly, people with co-morbidities and those who are at highest risk of severe diseases or deaths."
With the delivery of vaccines donated by the Government of Germany, Vietnam has received 12,578,110 doses of COVID-19 vaccines via the COVAX Facility.
The COVAX Facility is co-led by WHO, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness and Innovations (CEPI), GAVI – the Vaccine Alliance, and UNICEF as a key delivery partner.
- Germany ready for supporting vocational training for Ho Chi Minh City
- Germany makes measles vaccination compulsory for children
- GSK sees breakthrough in shingles vaccine output in 2024
- Vaccine ComBE Five continues to be used nationwide
- Democratic 2020 hopeful Pete Buttigieg is forced into swift backtrack after saying 'personal or religious exemptions' to vaccines should be allowed
- As swine fever fries China vaccine sales, Boehringer rewrites prescription for recovery
- New dengue vaccine performs well in large trial, but safety remains key concern
- Health secretary's 'plan for mandatory child vaccinations' sparks anti-vax fury as parents brand move 'like Nazi Germany'
- WHO prequalifies first Ebola vaccine
- German parliament approves compulsory measles vaccinations
- Vaccination is the best way to stop cervical cancer
- Pakistan becomes first country to introduce typhoid conjugate vaccine
Germany supports Vietnam with over 850,000 vaccine doses via COVAX have 389 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.