It formed part of his official visit to Russia from September 25-28 at the invitation of Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov.
Ambassador Dang Minh Khoi briefed Son on the embassy's recent activities and the situation of the Vietnamese people living in Russia at the time of COVID-19.
Minister Son informed the Vietnamese expats in Russia of Vietnam's socio-economic development and COVID-19 response efforts, saying the State and Party are taking the "vaccine diplomacy" very seriously and his ministry is making all possible efforts to have as many as possible COVID-19 vaccine doses delivered to Vietnam.
He also briefed them on the outcomes of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc's official visit to Cuba and his trip to New York for the General Debate of the U.N. General Assembly's 76th session and sideline activities.
The minister emphasized that the Party and State attach great importance to the comprehensive strategic partnership between Vietnam and Russia characterized by three main pillars – security-defense cooperation, energy and oil cooperation, and education and training cooperation. Despite challenges caused by COVID-19, the two countries have maintained high-level meetings and phone talks, he said.
He appreciated the Embassy of Vietnam in Russia for its active efforts to negotiate with Russian partners for the production of Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine in Vietnam. He also highly spoke of the Vietnamese expats' contribution to Vietnam's COVID-19 control fund, saying they serve as a bridge to boost trade and ties between the two countries.
The minister also received 135,000 USD in cash donated from the Vietnamese Association in Russia to Vietnam's COVID-19 fight.
- Vietnamese class opens for Vietnamese people in Russia
- Vietnamese writers abroad breathe new life into homeland literature
- Vietnamese ‘wonder women’ conquer mountaintops for leisure
- Long Thanh Airport - an ambitious project of Vietnamese Government
- Google Doodle honours Vietnamese ‘ca tru’
- Vietnamese in South Korea face dilemma: stay put or bail out?
- Garlic harvest in Ly Son Island
- Tan Son Nhat airport seeks to close 1 runway for repairs
- Vietnam looks to build ASEAN community by 2025
- COVID-19: Lang Son province works to promote trading via rail
- A Who’s Who of the Trump Campaign’s Russia Connections
- Vietnam strives not to let Covid-19 outbreak spread to community
FM Bui Thanh Son meets Vietnamese community in Russia have 375 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.