Previously, on September 17, on the way back home from his office, Thu saw many people shouting to rescue a woman drowning in the Day river. Without hesitation, he jumped into the river to save and brought the victim ashore safely.
In his letter, General Giang said that he was happy to learn Thu's good deed. The serviceman's action displayed the courage and self-forgetfulness for others, he added.
On behalf of the leadership of the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of National Defense, General Giang applauded Thu's bravery example and hoped that the serviceman will continue bringing into play good virtues of Uncle Ho's soldiers, overcoming hardships and fulfilling all assigned missions.
At the end of the letter, the defense minister wished the serviceman and his family good health and happiness.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Chinese Defense Minister expected to visit Vietnam in May
- Defense Minister visits military units
- White House skewered for failing to disclose meeting Trump had with Saudi deputy defense minister
- Jeremy Corbyn clings to iffy regimes like eggs to bacon: HENRY DEEDES watches the Labour leader rant about Western imperialism
- Tennis star Nick Kyrgios criticizes Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison for 'slow' wildfires response
- Melanie Panayiotou's last words praising George Michael just hours before she died
- Karl Stefanovic praises Tony Abbott’s bushfire efforts
- Trump for Boris: President Tips Johnson for U.K. Prime Minister Before Dinner With Theresa May
- US Defense Secretary vows to boost US-Vietnam defense cooperation during his visit to Vietnam
- Iran's foreign minister mocks Pompeo as an 'arrogant clown' for claiming people were rejoicing the death of Soleimani after tens of thousands of Iraqi mourners turned out for his funeral
- Transcript: Defense Secretary Mark Esper on "Face the Nation," January 12, 2020
- What defense is there against off-the-shelf drone weapons?
Defense minister praises good deed of serviceman have 294 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.