The event was jointly organized by the Department of Culture and Sports of Ho Chi Minh City, the Association of Vietnamese Scientists and Experts (AVSE Global) and the Trinh Cong Son Fund.
Addressing the event, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh, who is also Head of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, highly evaluated the initiative to organize the program, saying that it contributes to promoting the great national unity.
The Party and State always appreciate spiritual and material contributions of Vietnamese people around the world to help the country effectively respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, he said.
PM Chinh stressed that the Party and State will continue their high political determination, great efforts and drastic actions with appropriate solutions to adapt safely and flexibly to and effectively control the pandemic and promote socio-economic economic development.
Within the framework of the program, video clips reflecting artists' involvement in supporting frontline forces against the pandemic and their assistance to COVID-19 affected people in Ho Chi Minh City, were screened.
Touching stories about efforts of medical workers and military medical staff to fight for the lives of COVID-19 patients were also broadcast.
The organizing board took the occasion to call for donations and raise funds for the purchase of medical equipment and supplies for the COVID-19 prevention and control fund run by the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of HCM City.
At the event, organizations, businesses and individuals donated nearly 130 billion VND (over 5.7 million USD) to support the city's COVID-19 prevention and control work.
- BRAVO! Wins Outstanding Production At National Theatre Festival
- Since the birth of the Party, each spring is a happy time for the nation: Party chief
- Murdered for ‘Looking Gay’: How LGBT Iraqis Are Fighting for Their Lives
- The director was fired, the play never opened. Now, questions of race, power and art
- CNC Partners With Center For Puppetry Arts On Bat Program
- The Chapmans go to war, photographers turn feral and Cézanne blows us away – the week in art
- Ninh Binh province prepares for National Tourism Year 2020
- Transcript: Robert O'Brien on "Face the Nation," February 2, 2020
- He Escaped ISIS to Lead NYC Pride: Subhi Nahas’s Fight for LGBT Refugees
- Transgender ‘Survivor’ Contestant Zeke Smith Outed on National Television
- Super Bowl 54: A look back at Trump's previous Super Bowl interview on "Face the Nation"
- President Ram Nath Kovind’s address to the nation on the eve of 71st Republic Day
Art program promotes great national unity in fighting COVID-19 have 400 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.