The Ministry of Health logged 10,011 local coronavirus cases in Vietnam on Sunday, along with 11,477 discharged patients and 184 deaths.
The new cases were reported in 35 provinces and cities, the health ministry said.
The ministry had registered 9,682 locally-infected patients on Saturday.
More than 5,300 of the latest infections were found in the community, with the remaining detected in sectioned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City documented 5,121 local cases, up by 1,075 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 3,332, down by 297; Dong Nai Province 746; Long An Province 171; Kien Giang Province 99; An Giang Province 81; Can Tho City 52; Da Nang eight; and Hanoi two.
Vietnam has confirmed 752,185 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the list with 371,660 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 200,196, Dong Nai Province with 45,667, Long An Province with 31,789, Tien Giang Province with 13,787, Dong Thap Province with 8,211, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,683, Da Nang with 4,910, Hanoi with 4,201, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,121.
By comparison, Vietnam detected a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 11,477 recoveries on Sunday, taking the total to 527,926.
The toll has ascended to 18,584 deaths after the ministry documented 184 fatalities on the same day, including 131 in Ho Chi Minh City and 26 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has registered 756,689 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have admistered around 38.3 million vaccine doses, including 787,838 shots on Saturday, since vaccination was rolled out on March 8.
Over 7.9 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Vietnam parliament requests building law on expats
- Vietnam Economic Forum 2019 seeks new drivers for sustainable growth
- British man, 19, 'suffering relationship problems' is found hanged on tourist boat in Vietnam after arguing with two friends
- Grieving mother says her 19-year-old son’s death from drowning in a Vietnamese beach hostel pool was due to negligence by bar staff and 'lax' security
- Facebook, Google dominate online ad in Vietnam
- Thailand’s rice subsidy program may affect Vietnam: rice operators
- Vietnam looks to tackle child drowning
- Top ten events of Vietnam in 2018 selected by VNA
- Spokeswoman makes clear Vietnam’s views on trade fraud, sea-related issues
- Binh Phuoc licenses 19 projects totalling 1 billion USD
- Devising sophisticated ways to develop Vietnam’s tourism
- Shoes from China bearing Vietnam origin labels under investigation
10,011 cases added to Vietnam’s COVID-19 count have 416 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.