Vietnam is among the leading seven countries worldwide that have received COVID-19 vaccines donated by the United States.
|The US presents five million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to Vietnam.|
The country received five million doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, while Indonesia was given eight million vaccines.
Elsewhere, the Philippines, Colombia, and South Africa were also among the other major recipients, getting 6.2 million, six million, and 5.6 million doses, respectively.
In addition, Bangladesh and Pakistan were presented with 5.5 million doses each.
The White House published a list on its website on August 3 outlining how the US has donated and shipped more than 110 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to more than 60 countries and territories worldwide.
Citing data gathered by the UN, the White House noted that the number of vaccine doses donated by the US now totals more than the donations of all other countries combined.
"These 110 million doses – that are already saving lives around the world – are just the beginning of the Administration's efforts to provide vaccines to the world. Starting at the end of this month, the Administration will begin shipping half a billion Pfizer doses that the United States has pledged to purchase and donate to 100 low-income countries in need," according to the White House's statement.
In June, US President Joe Biden committed to donating at least 80 million doses to countries globally. He also promised to continue sharing more, with the majority to be shipped through the COVAX Facility.
The White House noted that starting at the end of this month, the Administration will begin shipping half a billion Pfizer doses that the US has pledged to purchase and donate to 100 low-income countries in need.
- Michelle Obama, Julia Roberts in Vietnam for girls’ education program
- Students to be fully vaccinated in the coming school year
- Students spread the word about importance of organ donations in Vietnam
- Liver cancer becomes most commonly acquired one in Vietnam
- Marianne Williamson’s Vaccine ‘Adviser’ Is an Anti-Vaxx Lawyer
- Vietnam ranks low on World Giving Index
- Explained: The meaning of Sushma's Vietnam visit
- Vietnam set to welcome 18 million foreign visitors this year
- US asks Vietnam to cut import tariffs on agricultural products
- Vietnam’s textile export value up almost 9% in eight months
- Vietnam among top 10 Asia-Pacific tourist destinations
- Pink Hat Day calls for hair donations to support breast cancer patients
Vietnam among top beneficiaries of US vaccine donations have 386 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.