HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City will give extra financial aid to poor people who are being severely affected by extended social distancing order imposed to stamp out the COVID-19 pandemic , Vo Van Hoan , Vice Chairman of the municipal People's Committee, said at a conference on August 5.
The conference was held by the city's Fatherland Front Committee to discuss the second social security package designated to help local residents hardest hit by the pandemic.
The new package targets poor workers and those who did not benefit from the first package, Hoan said, adding that each person will receive 1.5 million VND (65.26 USD) in cash and the package must be fully delivered to needy people before August 10.
This time, the eligibles will include people with labour contracts suspended because of COVID-19, part-time workers, directors, actors, painters and others working in the entertainment industry, he noted.
The second package is expected to benefit around 250,000 people. The first package, which was worth 426 billion VND and fully disbursed, has provided aid to freelancers, people living in locked down areas, frontline workers and families of COVID-19 patients.
HCM City also plans to establish a centre for receiving donations of necessities to affected people./.
- Today of all days, power outages hit KC as Chiefs fans wonder where to watch game
- Spurs reach Champions League semi-final with astonishing, unbelievable, VAR-controversy-filled win over Man City
- Tottenham edge past Manchester City with dramatic late VAR twist in Champions League classic
- Three things we learned: Man City v. Chelsea
- Pep Guardiola Says Manchester City Must 'Stand Up and React,' Focus on EPL Title
- Salary cap analysis: Can Bills take advantage of financial 'bubble' in next few years?
- M-Sport must rebuild financially during 2019 WRC season
- Our Resident Coyote Gets Its Shift Together with Amsoil and Grabs Onto Life with Centerforce’s Twin-Disc Clutch
- 2018 Volvo S60 T5 Inscription essentials: An aging sedan benefits from extra rear legroom
- This 2001 Camaro Is One of the Baddest Fourth-Gens To Hit the Streets
- Any Rangers new boys will need to hit the ground running if they are to stop Celtic doing nine-in-a-row, says Alan Stubbs
- BMW Efficient Dynamics and Mega City Get Real
HCM City to give extra financial aid to pandemic-hit residents have 358 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.