Tokyo (VNA) – The Consulate General of Vietnam in Osaka , Japan on August 3 said it is working with relevant agencies of the host country to clarify information stating that a Vietnamese in Osaka died after being assaulted and pushed into a river by another man.
According to the Consulate General, there was a video recorded by a Vietnamese on social network on August 2 which showed a young man was assaulted and died after being pushed into a river in the Namba area of the Japanese city.
Local police said they will inform the Vietnamese side after investigation.
In addition, the Consulate General sent a diplomatic note asking the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and Osaka police to help verify the case and provide information for the implementation of citizen protection measures.
It had also contacted the person who was believed to record and upload the video to the fanpage "Osaka Baito" on Facebook. However, that person denied being the recorder and claimed that he only uploaded the video to attract views.
Initial information revealed that the victim was a student who had completed a Japanese language course at a school under the Ashiya International Academy and was applying for temporary visa to stay in Japan.
However, accurate information on his identity still awaits confirmation by Japanese police./.
- 30 Vietnamese citizens return from Wuhan, safely isolated
- 29 Vietnamese citizens in China's coronavirus epicentre requested to return home: Foreign ministry
- Vietnam ready to repatriate Vietnamese citizens from China
- Vietnam to repatriate citizens from China via land borders, airports
- 30 Vietnamese return from epicenter of deadly virus outbreak
- Global novel coronavirus death toll reaches 1,383 as China purges officials in Hubei
- More virus cases on cruise ship off Japan; China death toll exceeds 500
- Coronavirus: Death toll tops 500 — live updates
- Could Japan call off Tokyo Olympics over coronavirus fears?
- Death of American fuels concern over China's approach to coronavirus
- Coronavirus death toll soars to 814
- Two Australians among the ten to test positive for coronavirus on a cruise ship quarantined off Japan - with more than 200 exposed on board the infected ship
Efforts made to clarify death of Vietnamese citizen in Japan have 384 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.