Sixteen COVID-19 cases have so far been traced to a cluster which began at a child's birthday party in Vietnam's Central Highlands.
Five-year-old N.B.A.'s birthday party took place in Vu Bon Commune, Krong Pak District, Dak Lak Province on August 5, according to district-level authorities.
More than 20 people attended the event and none of them wore face masks.
As of Wednesday evening, 16 individuals, including some children who attended the party, and their family members had tested positive for COVID-19.
Competent authorities have yet to identify the source of the infection. Contact tracing is still underway.
The village where the party took place has been locked down in a bid to control the spread of the virus.
Tran Van Sau, chairman of Vu Bon Commune, was put on suspension from August 10 to 24 for his loosened oversight over pandemic prevention and control efforts.
Vietnam had documented 241,543 COVID-19 cases as of Thursday afternoon, with 85,154 recoveries and 4,487 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The country has recorded 237,589 local infections in 62 provinces and cities, including 462 cases in Dak Lak, since the fourth wave started on April 27.
The Central Highlands province began following social distancing measures under the prime minister's Directive No. 15 on July 20.
The directive bans gatherings of more than 10 individuals in public and groups of more than 20 people in one room, while requiring people to keep a distance of at least two meters from each other.
- More Covid-19 cases linked to Hanoi hospital found
- Hanoi discovers 17 more community COVID-19 cases linked to major hospital
- Vietnam’s Phu Quoc detects 158 COVID-19 cases linked to newfound cluster in one week
- Việt Nam records lowest number of daily COVID-19 cases since July 19
- Hanoi records no COVID-19 cases in 12 hours
- Việt Nam reports 5,376 COVID-19 cases on Sunday, record number of recoveries
- Hà Nội's new community COVID-19 case broke five-day clean streak
- The Rate Of Covid-19 Cases Is Dropping Nationally But Rising In These 5 States
- Vietnam reports 6,957 new Covid-19 cases as Ho Chi MInh streets are busy again after reopening and daily cases going down
- Hanoi fines hospital for not reporting COVID-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 5,383 new COVID-19 cases, 27,683 recoveries
- Vietnam reports a low 5,383 new Covid-19 cases on Monday (Oct 3) as Ho Chi Minh City prepares to vaccinate teens
At least 16 COVID-19 cases linked to birthday party in Vietnam’s Central Highlands have 388 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 12, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.