Styrene acrylate copolymer emulsion contributes to improving paper quality
The project is part of the MoIT's drive to develop high-tech industries.
Project leader Dr. Cao Van Son said industrial packaging paper requires the use of chemicals with waterproof membrane properties.
Waterproofing binder products are considered effective and environmentally friendly. In particular, styrene acrylate copolymer is a waterproofing agent with outstanding advantages such as good form-film properties, low cost and higher waterproofing ability than other substances. In addition, it can provide the paper with immediate waterproofing ability after drying without having to wait for the glue downtime.
The use of styrene acrylate copolymer emulsion contributes to improving and stabilizing paper quality in Vietnam's climate conditions, facilitating control of the waterproofing level and required quality of paper products. The emulsion disintegrates in water and does not affect the recycling of paperboard packaging materials.
Dr. Dang Van Son said his team has completed the technological process of producing the emulsion in the laboratory and on the production line with a designed capacity of three tonnes per batch and 450 tonnes per year. It has conducted successful trial production of nearly 170 tonnes with stable quality, and also completed its application as a waterproofing agent for industrial packaging paper. The production process does not affect the current environment (wastewater, emissions, solid waste) of the enterprise.
Some 140,429 tonnes of styrene acrylate copolymer emulsion have already been sold on the market. In addition, the project has developed and issued nine basic standards on raw materials, and one on product quality and product quality inspection process.
The project results promote the development of the Van Diem Paper JSC and the RIPPI's research, application and technological transfer, improving the competitiveness of the company and helping replace some of the current imports.
Deputy General Director in charge of production at the Van Diem Paper JSC Nguyen Manh Anh revealed the company often used the imported alkyl ketene dimmer (AKD) binder to waterproof the surface of industrial packaging paper. Thanks to the support of the RIPPI, it has created styrene acrylate copolymer emulsion product as a good substitute for the AKD.
|In the future, the research team will expand production scale, improve product packaging and label designs, and promote sales in the domestic market.|
- B2B Industrial Packaging to Showcase Affordable Power Stretch Wrapper at Pack Expo
- Experts define sustainable packaging priorities for Africa
- Hurricane Florence Illustrates Need to Prepare Health Care Packages
- Uflex's Waterless Internet Flower Packaging Adjudged Diamond Finalist Winner at Dow's 2018 30th Awards
- #RethinkSchool: From Language Skills to STEM to Industrial Training, Preparing AAPI Students for the Next Step
- Flexible Packaging Market Worth 243.7 Billion USD By 2023, By Meticulous Research
- Lipman Family Farms and NatureSweet Launch Industry Partnership
- Corvus Gold Expands Its District-Wide Land Package by 15 sq. km, Adding Several New Target Areas, Bullfrog District, Nevada
- Online PR Media's News Anchor Press Release Package Provides Customers Greater Coverage & SEO Value
- Paramount Gold Nevada Acquires Strategic Land Package at Its Grassy Mountain Gold Project in Eastern Oregon
- Five roots to Central Africa’s industrialization
- H2O Innovation Releases its New Packaged Wastewater Treatment Product at WEFTEC
Vietnamese team produces waterproof industrial packaging have 518 words, post on ven.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.