Vietnamese students win International Biology Olympiad prizes
12th grader Dang Le Minh Khang from Ly Tu Trong High School for the Gifted in the Mekong Delta Province of Can Tho won a gold medal. 12th grader Ha Manh Duy from Vinh Phuc Provincial High School for the Gifted and Nguyen Thi Thu Nga from Hung Vuong High School for the Gifted in Phu Tho Province won the silver medals, and 11th grader Vo Tien Thanh from Hung Vuong High School for the Gifted won a bronze medal.
Nguyen Thi Thu Nga stood out as a student with a disadvantaged background but has worked hard to record impressive results. Last year, Nga won the consolation prize at the International Biology Olympiad 2020.
The Biology Olympiad 2021 was hosted online by Portugal from July 18 to 23. 304 students from 76 countries participated in the competition. This is also the second time the International Biology Olympiad was held online under the name of IBO Challenge II.
The Vietnamese team joined the competition at the University of Science-Vietnam National University, Hanoi. They completed the theoretical and practical exams in two days. Each exam lasted for three hours on the online examination system TestWe.
This year results were better than the previous year since all of the team members won medals.
On July 23, six members of the Vietnamese team also won one gold, two silver and three bronze medals at the International Maths Olympiad 2021.
- Purdue Undergrads Win International Competition
- Parkland shooting survivors win Children's Peace Prize
- CU Boulder student wins Rhodes Scholar award
- Miss Asia Pacific International contestants shine in national costume segment
- Students from Peru Receive the "Water Research Prize" at the World Architecture Festival
- Malala Yousafzai wins second Harvard Activism Award
- Education Dept. Accused of Withholding Audit on Navient's Unfair Student Loan Practices
- Students Who Survived Parkland Shooting Receive International Peace Prize
- Miami Business School sophomores aim to help veterans, win $1 million prize with their startup
- Ohio State professor wins Japan Prize for soil research
- Jeopardy: Answer features Pulitzer Prize winning, former Enquirer intern
- Solon artist wins award at Columbus exhibition: Valley Views
Vietnamese students win International Biology Olympiad prizes have 357 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.