The gift has been handed over to the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of HCM City to deliver to Thu Duc city, Tan Binh district, the Medical Center of District 6, and hospitals for COVID-19 treatment.
President of the foundation Steve Bui, an overseas Vietnamese in Japan, said that he hopes the present will help HCM City, the current biggest COVID-19 hotbed in Vietnam, to stem the pandemic.
The gift reflects the sentiments of the Vietnamese community abroad towards the city through the foundation, he said, expressing his wish that life in the city will resume to normal soon.
Besides, the Steve Bui and Friends Foundation in HCM City has also presented the People's Committee of District 7 12,000 sets of kits for rapid COVID-19 testing with a total value of nearly 2 billion VND (87,228 USD).
The activities were in response to a letter from the Chairman of the HCM City Commission for Overseas Vietnamese Affairs calling on the Vietnamese community abroad to join hands with the city in controlling COVID-19 pandemic.
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 31
- Vietnam, HCM City receive high level of international support in pandemic fight
- VN, HCM City receive high level of international support in pandemic fight
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 19
- Việt Nam ensures people’s livelihoods, fair distribution of vaccines
- Vietnam ensures people’s livelihoods, fair distribution of vaccines
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 30 (Updated hourly)
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia July 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 6
Vietnamese community abroad supports HCM City in fighting COVID-19 have 245 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.