According to the ministry’s report, 7,525 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases 6,009 of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 4,555 in Ho Chi Minh City, 1,249 in Binh Duong, 313 in Tay Ninh, 253 in Dong Nai, 218 in Tien Giang, 172 in Khanh Hoa, 126 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 109 in Phu Yen, 90 in Dong Thap, 78 in Binh Thuan, 56 in Can Tho, 50 in Vinh Long, 45 in Ben Tre, 27 in Tra Vinh, 26 in Binh Phuoc, 25 in Kien Giang, 16 in Danang, 15 in Hanoi, 14 in Dak Lak, 11 in Quang Nam, 11 in Vinh Phuc, 10 in Hau Giang, nine in Soc Trang, seven in Ninh Thuan, six in Bac Ninh, six in Binh Dinh, six in Gia Lai, four in Dak Nong, four in Nghe An, four in Quang Ngai, three in Bac Lieu, two in An Giang, two in Thua Thien-Hue, and one each in Lam Dong, Ha Nam, and Thanh Hoa. As many as 1,516 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Saturday, the city also recorded 5,396 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules in Ho Chi Minh City will be further tightened to contain the spread.
There were six imported patients confirmed who are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from abroad.
As of Sunday evening, 94,717 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 60,425 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 98,465 including 96,287 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on July 25, a total of 19,342 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
The country has conducted over 4.53 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 372,353 people having received two doses.
- An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
- Wuhan scientists admit to being bitten by COVID-19 infected bats
- World COVID-19 Infections Climb Towards 100 Million
- Malaysian King Declares State of Emergency Amid Rising COVID-19 Infections
- Malaysian King Declares State of Emergency to Curb Rising COVID-19 Infections
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 infections in community for 52 days
- Coronavirus | India records lowest COVID-19 fatalities in eight months
- New Calls Issued To Relax Indoor Dining Restrictions — Has Ban Actually Led To Drop In COVID-19 Infections?
- US executes Virginia gang killer despite COVID-19 infection
- Thailand records new COVID-19 cases
- Nigeria records highest single-day rise in COVID-19 infections
- Kerala records 5,490 new COVID-19 infections on January 14
Vietnam records over 7,500 more Covid-19 infections on Sunday have 468 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.