According to the ministry’s report, 8,622 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 4,282 in Ho Chi Minh City, 1,920 in Binh Duong, 469 in Long An, 360 in Dong Nai, 242 in Tien Giang, 217 in Khanh Hoa, 174 in Can Tho, 157 in Dong Thap, 144 in Hanoi, 133 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 97 in Ben Tre, 88 in Tay Ninh, 65 in Danang, 40 in Phu Yen, 36 in Tra Vinh, 28 in Hau Giang, 17 in Binh Dinh, 17 in Kien Giang, 17 in Binh Thuan, 16 in An Giang, 15 in Vinh Long, 13 in Quang Nam, 12 in Binh Phuoc, 11 in Ninh Thuan, nine in Vinh Phuc, eight in Dak Lak, seven in Ha Tinh, six in Gia Lai, six in Quang Ngai, four in Dak Nong, three in Thai Nguyen, two in Hoa Binh, two in Lang Son, and one each in Nam Dinh, Lam Dong, Thanh Hoa, Hai Duong, and Bac Ninh. Among these new infections, 1,702 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Thursday, the city also recorded 4,592 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules are being further tightened in the city to contain the virus spread.
There were 27 imported patients confirmed who are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from abroad.
As of Friday evening, 133,257 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 88,803 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 137,062 including 134,827 locally-transmitted cases.
On July 30, a total of 3,704 more patients were released from hospital following their full recovery, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 35,484.
Also on Friday evening, a further 139 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 1,161.
The country has conducted over 5.52 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 546,402 people having received two doses.
- PM Hun Sen’s visit to further drive Vietnam-Cambodia relations forward
- Measles cases near record number: Almost 100 more people fall ill
- The 25 Most Popular Black Friday Deals That You Can Still Buy
- West Virginia ends Pittsburgh's five-game winning streak with 19-16 win in Backyard Brawl
- Adwind Trojan circumvents antivirus software to infect your PC
- Brooklyn Vietnam vet Gilbert Medina-Torres, let down by system, gets final salute
- Letters to the Editor, Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017
- Fighting for Van Nest hero Peter Wiesneifski's name on Vietnam wall
- Vietnam’s retail sales rise on strong consumer demand
- Kaspersky says it detected infections with DarkPulsar, alleged NSA malware
- Friends didn't let the world forget their fallen friend, after 40 years Bronx Vietnam hero gets due
- Feds obtain Roger Clemens' medical records from New York Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays
Vietnam records 8,649 more Covid-19 infections on Friday have 506 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.