Vietnam reported US$2.7 billion in trade deficit in the first seven months of this year while the same period last year enjoyed a trade surplus of US$8.69 billion, the General Statistics Office (GSO) announced on July 29.
|During the seven-month period, Vietnam posted total export revenue of US$185.33 billion, up 25.5% over the same period last year.|
The domestic economic sector suffered a total trade deficit of US$17.8 billion while the foreign direct invested sector saw a total trade surplus of US$15.7 billion.
During the seven-month period, the country posted total export revenue of US$185.33 billion, up 25.5% over the same period last year while import revenue was US$188.03 billion, up 35.3% as against the same period last year.
The US was the largest export market of Vietnam in the first seven months of this year with export revenue of US$53.6 billion, up 37.4% over the same period in 2020. The Chinese market came in second with export revenue of US$28.7 billion, up 24.2%.
It was followed by the EU, ASEAN, the Republic of Korea (ROK), and Japan.
Meanwhile, China was the largest importer during the period with import revenue of US$62.3 billion, an increase of 48.5% over the corresponding period last year.
ROK was the runner-up with import revenue of US$29.7 billion, up 19.9% and ASEAN market came in third with import revenue of US$24.7 billion, up 48.2%.
Source: Nhan Dan
- U.S. Trade Deficit Unexpectedly Narrowed in February
- U.S. Trade Deficit Hits 19-Month Low Due to Record-High Exports
- US trade deficit with China shrinks on dip in imports
- Trump Hints at China Trade Deal with ‘Different Structure’
- Ortiz: Trump’s Trade Triumphs–Trade War Truce, Deals for Farmers, Prices for Consumers
- EU Chief To Visit Trump On July 25 For Trade Talks
- We Estimate China Only Makes $8.46 From An iPhone – And That’s Why Trump’s Trade War Is Futile
- US Wants To Make 'Meaningful Progress' In China Trade Talks
- China Using Vietnam to Circumvent Anti-Steel Dumping Measures, Commerce Department Finds
- BREXIT BOOM: Trade Exports Hit Record High as UK Prepares for Global Trade Deals
- Corn To Gain From US-China Trade Deal, Soybean Benefits To Lag
- Talks End With China Warning Trade Benefits At Risk If US Imposes Tariffs
Vietnam posts US$2.7 billion in trade deficit in seven months have 351 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.